Location Name: Eastlink Centre, Grande Prairie, Alberta, CA
Profession: Aquatics & Wellness
Experience Level(s): Mid-Level
Education Level(s): College - Diploma
Job ID: job-813
You are a dedicated messenger of the benefits of fitness and wellness. Your proven abilities in communication, promotions and sales will generate new membership sales ensuring the Eastlink Centre increase membership potential. You are a significant resource to Eastlink Centre's sales team in retaining membership relations, reaching membership sales targets and surpassing goals.
The Eastlink Centre is a state-of-the-art multimillion dollar facility supported by a team of innovators, creators, builders and doers. This venue is a community that is energetic and dynamic. We are seeking someone who can actively seek new membership business for Eastlink Centre. You are naturally gifted in positive first impressions, lasting professional image setting and community engagement.
You have proven success as a professional sales person setting targets and goals through outreach and seeing them to fruition. The Membership Sales & Promotions Co-ordinator is responsible for setting and coaching sales targets, creating strategies, working with all internal teams to lead by example and look over the membership process and its efficiency. You will promote ongoing membership strategies, monitor, track, record, calculate and report on membership sales standards, benefits, perks, return on investment and cost analysis.
You are uniquely skilled in building and retaining relationships and partnerships, activation and maintenance of membership promotional strategies and initiatives. You have a proven ability to engage and attract new members while actively promoting new and existing membership benefits and internal programs and services.
You have an innate ability to interact with members, resolve conflict or disappointment to retain membership, listen to hear the deep rooted issue, upsell, promote specific internal programs and services, combine benefits of services, easily build one-on-one relationships, and pick up on leads. You have a passion to turn every guest into a new member relationship by listening to guests' goals, presenting ELC in a way that best fits them, establishing trust and winning the sale in open honest dialogues, transparent pricing and a passion for their wellness. The Sales & Promotions Coordinator is responsible to create, implement and attend internal member functions to promote services and generate feedback from members in collaboration with other internal departments while supporting an internal culture of engagement.
The successful candidate is a genuine, down to earth, good listener, who loves people individually. You are naturally curious in building relationships and exceeding the expectations of our members and guests. You are an honest, trustworthy person who is passionate about fitness & wellness. You are the genuine “heart” part of our business.
Reporting to the Eastlink Centre Customer Service Manager, you will work closely with the customer service team as well as other internal departments and the Corporate Communications Team to ensure consistency in brand usage and that all collaboration opportunities are realized.
This uniquely rewarding role will appeal to confident, qualified and experienced professionals who bring a passion for business, community building, an in-depth understanding of sales reporting, target setting, membership perks and policies, return on investment, and a solid knowledge of working in a municipal recreation sector. You bring a demonstrated ability to lead the identification, cultivation and solicitation of membership sales, build bridges and foster relationships while enhancing and expanding the Eastlink Centre's membership base.
Outstanding leadership skills, proven communications skills, the ability to work effectively with our management team as well as a variety of stakeholders will contribute to your success.
- University degree or diploma in business, sales, marketing, public relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years sales and service, hospitality, relationship development experience with proven significant accomplishment.
- Demonstrated track record of success and expertise in the following areas: 1) High-touch customer service environment and 2) Commitment to guest satisfaction and retention
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with membership account management software and reporting tools.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellent high standards and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational skills including planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking and follow-through.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core values, including customer service, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Understanding of working as a business with a community conscience.
- Understanding of the processes of municipal government and the programs and services provided to the public.
- Strong project management ability, organizational and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Applicants selected for an interview may be tested in some of the qualifications.
What we offer
This is a full time permanent salaried position of 35 hours per week including evening and weekend work to meet the demands of a busy facility. The position will begin August 31, 2015. PLEASE NOTE: Smoking restrictions are in effect.
If this profile describes YOU, please submit your detailed resume including a cover letter, copies of all certifications and references no later than 7:00 am Monday August 10th, 2015 through the City of Grande Prairie online application process.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest - only those selected will be contacted.
Job Base location
East link Centre - Customer Services Department
Hours of work
35 hours per week. Facility hours must be accommodated with varied shifts of days, evenings, weekends based on the needs and goals of the department.
Band C Step 1: $26.64 per hour
- Submit Application via City of Grande Prairie on line application process.
- Candidates will be contacted via email if successful for submission of a short list assignment.
- Successful short-listed applicants will be individually contacted for a in-person interview.
- All in-person interview candidates will be personally contacted regarding their status once interviews are completed and scoring matrix are tallied.