Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSE and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.
In 2013, Ritchie Bros. will launch a new, game-changing online solution for industrial equipment owners who buy and sell directly. We are now in the process of building the team that will launch and run the new solution. As a result, we have an immediate opening for a Media Specialist, based at our global head quarters in Burnaby, BC.
What we offer
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Salary and comprehensive benefits
- Group RRSP and Employee share purchase plan both with company match
- On-going management and leadership development training
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Access to our free onsite gym, which also hosts a variety of fitness programs
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere
- River views, and Fraser River walking trails right across the street.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Media Specialist will be the expert on the team on media strategy development, management and execution.
You will be the ‘Jack of all Trades’ for anything media related for this new solution at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, and play a key role in a highly successful market launch of this start-up venture.
- Assisting the Director, Marketing in leading the development of international media strategies across multiple channels in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Managing and executing international media strategies by coordinating media in print, online (via SEO, PPC, e-mail marketing, social media, etc.) and through various public relations channels
- Overseeing media planning and buying fulfillment activities
- Planning, supervising and designing media documents
- Continually monitoring the success of various messages, channels, partners, etc. and proactively identifying solutions for optimizing the ROI of the media strategy
- Effectively communicate media plans with stakeholders and management, including strategic considerations, media mix, audience reach, cost per impression / lead, in-market and insertion activity timelines, and overall costs
- Constantly being aware of media trends, and become our resident expert on industry publications, blogs, channels, surveys, statistics, etc. and other forms of earned media
- Managing budgets for advertising (print and online) and public relations
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with media partners
- Working closely with Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Marketing teams to coordinate Marketing / media programs and campaigns
Here is what you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field. MBA is a plus
- 5-years experience, and demonstrated success in leveraging a variety of media channels including earned and paid media (online and print), search engine marketing and optimization, e-mail marketing, social media and online communities, and public relations
- Experience leveraging various media channels to reach a global customer base in a high-growth business environment
- Rich analytical skills and experience with the ability to turn insight into effective recommendations and action
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and complex projects
- Candidates with experience in the industrial / heavy equipment industry will be given favorable consideration
- Effective and persuasive communicator (both written and spoken)
- Independent, assertive; strategic thinker, a passion to be the best in your field
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job