Thank you for your interest in the Media Specialist 2 position with the York Region District School Board. This position is responsible for multimedia related technical support within the Media Services Team, including the capture of digital media resources as well as the provision of professional services for staff, in compliance with Board policies and procedures.
- To support the production/development and distribution of print and electronic materials, ensuring compliance with Copyright, Corporate Identity and branding applications.
- To provide video conferencing and webcasting support to the system through Learning Resource Services initiatives and in collaboration with Information Technology Services and other departments.
- To support the technical maintenance of on-line resources including meta-tagging and updating databases and online catalogues related to the work of Learning Resource Services.
- To capture multimedia content using software/hardware platforms defined by the Media Services Team.
- To support graphic design and layout initiatives of the Board under the direction of the Media Project Leader and the Media Production Developers.
- To provide support to teachers for the use of Learning Resource Services media kits including software and hardware tools.
- To manage media resources equipment inventory, maintenance and distribution, including the Board Shop.
- To maintain the inventory required for the production and deployment of media resources as well as the inventory required for supporting conferences, media productions and Board-sponsored events.
- To work with clients and system partners to provide full support to Board sponsored conferences and events such as audio/visual equipment set-up, facility layout, signage and displays.
- To provide training, support, trouble-shooting and tracking of maintenance requirements for the conference rooms in the Centre for Leadership and Learning.
- To research and implement new media tools under the direction of the Media Project Leader.
- To work as an active member of the Learning Resource Services Team and Learning Design & Development Team.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To attend professional development sessions/training as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma with two years of post-secondary education in multimedia production or a related field is required.
- Minimum six months related experience is required.
- Working knowledge of the Mac/PC platforms, Microsoft Office software, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suites and current Board approved/implemented software is recommended.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- A valid driver’s license (G class) is required.
- Familiarity with Copyright guidelines is required.
Please Note: Participants with disabilities and/or special needs which require specific adjustments or equipment during the process are encouraged to contact the Recruitment Team prior to any phase of the selection process to discuss any special requirements/accommodations.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Vulnerable Sector Screening documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.