Join Accenture and you will help make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Directs and/or leads the development, implementation and coordination of external communications, focusing on media relations strategy for Canada with the goal of establishing and maintaining a favorable image of the company with investors, potential customers, employees and the public. Directs public relations agency and acts as the corporate spokesperson to the media, Canadian industry analysts and/or the general public. Works closely with Canadian Marketing lead to leverage major marketing initiatives, best client examples and the expertise of Canadian senior leadership to generate positive news supporting core industries.
The individual is responsible for:
- Creating the media relations strategy, aligned to Canadian business and marketing plans
- Monitoring the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice across traditional and social channels, and applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position
- active engagement in all Canadian media activities, including news releases, multi-country research studies and surveys, event and recognition announcements
- managing a budget and outside PR agency to ensure high performance and effective media and analyst outreach and story support
- developing and maintaining relationships with reporters and key Canadian industry analysts
- working with global operating group and growth platform media leads to identify and develop spokespeople to improve the focus, quality and frequency of media coverage
- strengthening Accenture’s approach to managing its interaction with the media and, as appropriate, Canadian industry analysts
- Ensuring that media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives.
Reports to: Media Director, the Americas
Supervises: Public Relations Agency
- Serve as a primary contact to strengthen the company’s relationships with Canadian media, and coordinate with global colleagues to support media across growth platforms and operating groups
- Work with the company’s leadership, research and marketing leads to help develop content and appropriate tactics to ensure effective execution against Canadian business goals
- Tailor corporate/company-wide messages and news releases for Canadian markets in coordination with global leads
- Drive the development, writing and editing of any geographic led news releases, working closely with leadership and with client engagement teams and other relevant parties, including clients and vendors, as appropriate
- Help manage agencies, contractors and internal geographic support for media activities
- Coach/train designated spokespersons on effective interactions with media
- Working closely with digital and marketing teams, help build a social media strategy for Canada, including identifying and providing social spokesperson training to key executives who are approved to speak for the company through social channels. Help build media followers for Canada social channels, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Anticipate and provide counsel on issues relevant to the geographic region; develop media strategies, statements and talking points to help mitigate potential negative media coverage
- Work closely with government relations, legal and Corporate Communications/geographic/project leadership on proactive outreach to ensure consistent messaging across all stakeholders