Title: Media Planner
Reports to: Digital Business Director
Drive quality traffic to Pink Triangle Press' websites. The Media Planner identifies the best mix of media channels to deliver an advertising message to the Press’ target audience. Using research data, (s)he considers what is going to be most effective within the budget allocated and give the Press’ online products maximum exposure
Achieve and exceed monthly and annual targets of the following metrics in regards to overall traffic and by traffic type; including but not limited to:
· Visits to the site
· New membership
· New visits to the site
· New paid membership
· Bounce rate
· Overall revenue, new membership revenue
· Registration Conversion rate
· Ad impressions
Principal Current Activities include but are not limited to
- Obtaining, analysing and successfully applying media and traffic generation trends, best practices and strategies in the online and offline industry (with special attention to the gay and lesbian industry) to drive quality traffic to PTP's websites.
- Analysing and researching the target audience's character, purchasing, and media habits.
- Maintaining contacts with media owners, ensuring statistics, circulation, and viewing traffic figures are up to date.
- Advising the creative and marketing team about the most effective media combination.
- Considering appropriate timing of media activities, based upon usage patterns and seasonal factors
- Presenting media proposals, including timing and cost breakdowns, helping the Press to reach a final decision about their future advertising strategy.
- Obtaining the best advertising rates that fit with the agreed media strategy.
- Adjusting media schedules in response to the latest audience figures.
- Managing budgets and maintaining advertising spend records.
- Monitoring and updating executives on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Monitoring and analysing competition for media, PR, SEO, SEM, and traffic generation activities.
- Utilizing tools (including but not limited to: Google, Bing, Facebook and tier II and III search engines and traffic generators) to drive quality traffic.
- Expanding and optimizing SEO and SEM keyword lists.
- Continually exploring, testing, and improving new tactics for customer acquisition.
- Working closely with the assigned team and or agencies to ensure collaterals are created throughout online and offline campaigns and PR activities.
- Identifying key performance indicators related to media, online, and offline traffic generation activities.
- Performing and evaluating post-mortems of online and offline media and traffic generation activities, and improving on the results based on post mortem
- Communicating traffic generation activities and results to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or Business
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of online marketing, e-commerce, marketing communication
- Proven strong analytical acumen and experience
- Proven success of managing online campaigns, media relation and traffic generation
- Knowledge of internet industry (interactivity, connectivity, e-commerce and enterprise)
- Experience with web tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing ads, Traffic generator tools
- Knowledge of sexual politics and history
- Strong communicational and presentation skills (oral and written)