FINCAD – Surrey
Have you wondered what it’s like to work for one of the Top Employers in Financial Technology?
Are you passionate about working with a team that creates world class software? Do you have an interest in the financial markets? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with colleagues who are striving to meet high-growth objectives? And perhaps you’d like to work with smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading…
Headquartered just outside of Vancouver, Canada, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, London, UK, Beijing, and New York City, FINCAD has been providing software to the financial industry for more than 20 years and is the leading provider of financial analytics technology, enabling global market participants to solve enterprise business issues in the most comprehensive way. FINCAD’s solutions support the valuation, reporting and risk management of derivatives and fixed income portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Writer to join our marketing team in Surrey and assume responsibility for content creation of online and offline marketing collateral. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am motivated by intellectual challenges and I enjoy explaining what I know. I also have a knack for presenting complex ideas in a clear and compelling way. I am a strong and persuasive writer, and I have the patience to get the details right as well. I thrive in a high tech environment and the idea of combining finance and software intrigues me. I am looking for a role that allows me to directly contribute to the success of the company. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Marketing Writer will work as part of Marketing Department and will support FINCAD’s strategic marketing by creating a wide range of communications targeting the media, prospects, customers and employees. The role requires a strategic thinker ideally with experience in financial markets or software, and who is also an outstanding communicator. The focus will be on researching, writing, editing and proofreading content for use in FINCAD’s digital communications (website, social media, email marketing), content marketing (top/middle/bottom of funnel), field marketing and other communications.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Develop a solid understanding of FINCAD’s products, value proposition and competitive landscape, in the market of financial analytics software. Leverage the knowledge you already have, and learn from interactions with R&D, Product Development, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales.
- Help formulate the editorial calendar for the Marketing team.
- Research topics to define unique selling points, and draft compelling marketing copy.
- Develop content for a wide range of marketing communications, digital and print: web copy, white papers, press releases, blogs, brochures, webinars, social media, presentations, etc.
- Write web-based content (including blogs and twitter).
- Develop communications that raise awareness of firm-wide messages among media, prospects, customers and employees.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years or experience in a writing role, preferably in software/high tech and ideally in financial markets.
- Experience creating customer-facing collateral in a B2B software environment.
- Exceptional writing skills in a wide range of media, with varying levels of technical complexity.
- Very strong conceptual and communication skills – you should be able to research technical and marketing resources and be able to draw conclusions and present your ideas clearly and convincingly in both written and verbal form to a range of audiences.
- Understanding of business contexts and ability to evaluate business pain points.
- Proven experience with writing web-based content (including blogs and twitter)
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, coordinating across multiple disciplines and teams, to deliver against challenging deadlines.
- Ability to adapt, with a positive attitude, to changing requirements and executing with quality and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to interact with customers, partners and foster cross-functional teamwork among sales, marketing, and product teams.
·Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Digital savvy with a passion for innovation.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What’s In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture.
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development (including individual professional development plans) and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot).
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials and company anniversary celebrations.
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work/life balance through free use of the on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 4 weeks’ vacation on hire.