Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class, year-round gathering place for the community.
Reporting to the Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager, the marketing team lead is a member of the Consumer Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing department, responsible for leading a team that creates and delivers multiple marketing plans to achieve department, divisional and organizational goals while engaging all stakeholders including volunteers, colleagues, sponsors and suppliers.
This position closes December 11, 2015
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager to lead all external advertising campaigns with agencies of record from development of creative briefs, management of campaign roll-out, providing post-campaign reports and management of advertising budget.
- Initiate, guide and develop brand marketing campaigns in collaboration with agency partners.
- Support marketing plan development for internal clients and departments ensuring that activities are aligned and integrated across all channels.
- Utilize research such as audience segmentation, brand reputation and exit survey research to maximize impact of messaging and effectiveness of advertising dollars.
- Oversee development and production of Stampede time publications (Stampede Planner and Souvenir Programs) ensuring sales and budget goals are met.
- Lead and mentor the marketing team by coaching and guiding daily activities through project management and process development. This includes oversight of marketing services, digital marketing activities and graphic design.
- Provide support, direction and ongoing feedback including, annual performance reviews.
- Manage all trademarks and Stampede brand identity through applications, renewals with the support of a legal resource.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with key partners including advertising and media agencies of record.
- Provide high level support to Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager including budget management, comprehensive activity summaries and special projects, as required.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three to five years of related experience in marketing, brand management, advertising or communications.
- Proven ability to develop effective marketing strategies that achieve business outcomes and effectively manage creative teams that bring the strategies to life.
- Proven leadership skills in a marketing environment – inspiring teams to deliver creative solutions to emerging opportunities and challenges.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, project management, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to influence without authority; working with internal stakeholders to align objectives and outcomes.
- Experience with content development and art direction.
- Understanding of digital marketing and associated tools.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) would be an asset.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.
All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.