Working with the Vice President, Business Development & Marketing (VP BD&M) in developing, supporting and managing the Business Development and Marketing activities across all Buildings Group regions. This position will work from the Calgary office, and provides leadership to 5 indirect reports (Regional Marketing Coordinators).
Core responsibilities will include the following:
• Support a culture that encompasses the highest ethical standards, and is aligned with the Promise.
- Coordinate with Vice President, Business Development & Marketing on the creation of a national business development framework ensuring through the regional marketing coordinators local plans are aligned with corporate goals and mandates;
- Build external network of contacts and attend business development events when required.(e.g. marketing personnel within proposal partners);
- Seek out and develop opportunities to implement new technologies in the Business Development process;
- Research and develop corporate initiatives and present the Vice President, Business Development & Marketing with implementation options;
- Lead and coordinate operating activities with Regional Marketing Coordinators in weekly and quarterly marketing meetings;
- Manage the Marketing database (SalesForce) and ensure regular reporting is available to the VP BD&M;
- Coordinate with Regional Marketing Coordinators to ensure data, forecasting, probabilities and account information is current;
- Coordinate the proposal effort amongst regional marketing coordinators, including management of proposal templates and resources;
- Define and set standards of quality for BG client proposals; and
- Provide proposal and marketing support when required to the Regional Marketing Coordinators.
• Manage corporate imaging within the Buildings Group:
o Coordinate all logo and branding requests between Regional Marketing Coordinators to ensure adherence to Corporate Identity Guidelines Manual on promotional items, print materials, project signage and advertisements;
o Coordinate updates and populate the Master Advertising Spreadsheet; and
o Provide Manager, Corporate Communications any advertisements or external documents for final approval.
• Assist with external communications:
o Ensure accurate and professional marketing materials are used consistently throughout all branches;
o Provide updates for social media opportunities to the Manager, Corporate Communications; and
o Coordination of Buildings Group material for soxnet for the Manager, Corporate Communications.
• Coordinate and assist in the annual development of the Corporate Business Development and Marketing budget:
o Track the corporate budget and ensure campaigns, activities and expenditures are within the authorized budgetary framework;
• Research and develop corporate initiatives and present the Vice President, Business Development & Marketing with implementation options;
• Lead and coordinate operating activities with Regional Marketing Coordinators in weekly and quarterly marketing meetings;
• Manage the Marketing database (SalesForce) and ensure regular reporting is available to the VP BD&M;
• Coordinate with Regional Marketing Coordinators to ensure data, forecasting, probabilities and account information is current;
• Coordinate the proposal effort amongst regional marketing coordinators, including management of proposal templates and resources;
• Define and set standards of quality for BG client proposals; and
• Provide proposal and marketing support when required to the Regional Marketing Coordinators.
All advertising, proposals, event announcements, etc. conform to Corporate Identity Standards;
- All marketing materials are accurate, up-to-date, and conform to company standards;
- Proposals are expedited and delivered in a timely manner;
- Develop new and enhance existing relationships with clients and consultants that have the potential to retain or work with the company; and
- Objectives are successfully converted into activities and deliverables in a timely manner.
- A business administration degree or diploma, with minimum of five years of directly related and relevant experience.;
- The successful candidate will have completed post-secondary education in the field of Communication, Business or Administration or pursued self-directed continuing education.;
- Preference given to those candidates who have five to seven years of work experience ideally in a marketing or business development department;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required. Intermediate proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, and advanced proficiency with Salesforce CRM or other CRM systems is a major asset;
- Excellent written communication skills, including letter creation, email communications, and phone presence;
- Proven ability to demonstrate high level of confidentiality, including tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a sensitive nature;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with ability to work with tight deadlines and confidential material in a professional manner.;
- Approaches work in a collaborative manner, with a positive outlook, taking into account dependencies of components being worked on by other members; skilled at managing multiple projects to conclusion on time;
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful, and strong interpersonal skills; and
- Able to work effectively across diverse operating groups and build positive relationships.
Who We Are?
Stuart Olson has been positively impacting the businesses we serve, the communities in which we operate, and the lives we touch since 1911. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets.
We are a $1+ billion, fully integrated commercial construction and industrial services provider with offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk and delivers results.
Why Choose Stuart Olson?
Safety, Sustainability, Collaboration, and Integrity are core Company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. Stuart Olson strongly supports and encourages employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health & wellness programs, and learning development opportunities. At Stuart Olson we are committed to creating a culture built on a passion to do great things.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.