The Overwaitea Food Group is a dynamic member of the Jim Pattison Group of companies. Located in Langley, BC, we support over 125 unique stores in 6 banner formats (Save-On-Foods, Cooper’s Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Bulkley Valley Wholesale) across both BC and Alberta. With over 14,000 team members and one of the longest serving team member bases in the retail industry, our team is committed to fulfilling our mission of “Always Customer First” and maintaining our core values of People, Service, Innovation, Fun and Integrity.
We have a full time permanent employment opportunity in our Customer Loyalty Department for a Marketing Supervisor. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and develops marketing solutions, liaising with merchandising, communications and advertising.
- Liaise and communicate with supplier partners on joint marketing promotions.
- Communicates and coordinates marketing plans, events and promotions with Merchandising and Operations.
- Assists with the planning of promotional activities. Partners with key stakeholders (e.g., marketing, stores, suppliers) to ensure effective communication and implementation of promotional plans.
- Remains current on consumer and marketplace trends, seeks out information to keep expertise current, and undertakes market research.
- Responsible for leading customers nutrition and health questions, offering practical solutions.
- Responsible for nutrition, health and food content for a variety of communication vehicles.
- Keeps current on nutrition and food trends.
- Leads/develops relevant and valuable content for media segments related to nutrition and grocery innovation trends.
- Develops resources to assist customers with shopping, product selection and meal planning.
- Plans, implements and evaluates unique nutrition and health programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers, nutrition and health community, and stakeholders.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing Management or relevant Business Administration discipline.
- A Registered Dietitian with at least 1 year of professional experience is an asset.
- Passion for food, cooking and grocery trends.
- Retail sales experience including procurement, pricing, and merchandising of products.
- Basic knowledge of application and interpretation of:
- consumer marketing and purchasing principles including demographic and industry trends.
- financial reporting (e.g., budgets, P/L statements) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of social media principles and tools is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn customized software applications.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical decision making, and issues resolution abilities.
- Detail oriented with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service and supplier relations.
- Enthusiastic and innovative with a commitment to retail support.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Media experience would be an asset