Basic Job Information
Posting Title: Marketing Strategist
Business Unit/Section: Human Resources/Corporate Talent Acquisition and Planning
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Union/Position: CUPE Local 38/Temporary (up to 18 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 12
$36.65 - 40.30 - 42.32 - 44.43 - 46.65 - 48.99 per hour
Hours of Work: This position works a standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
Human Resources (HR) is dedicated to the creation of a positive work environment for our employees and the development of long term Human Resources strategies to support our partners in business.
The focus of CTAP is on helping drive business performance through proactive human capital planning and acquisition. CTAP does this by applying an evidence-based approach, and acting as a centre of expertise for strategic workforce planning and analytics, recruitment processes and policy, and innovative talent acquisition.
- The Marketing Strategist will play a major role, exclusively for Corporate Talent Acquisition and Planning (CTAP), in guiding all aspects of the marketing program from a talent acquisition perspective. Reporting to the Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, you will support, drive and lead:
- Division marketing and communications plans with a focus on social media and digital tools.
- Advertise Corporate campaigns, project management, stakeholder relations, customer service, internal and external communications, employer and corporate brand, reputation management, corporate policies, and special events.
- Estimate and track expenditures.
- Messaging between programs, events and communications channels.
- Research, analysis, evaluation and measurement.
- Coach and guidance to the division team.
- Consult and align with HR’s business unit communicators and Corporate Marketing & Communications.
The successful applicant must possess a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business or a related field with a minimum of six years progressively senior experience in marketing, communications and strategic planning. Experience in digital marketing solutions, social media and/or management of multiple complex projects will be considered an asset. A designation of Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) and/or Communications Campaign Planning Program Professional (CCPP) will also be considered an asset.
Success in this position requires acumen in customer service, consulting, insight and analysis, project management, business knowledge, leadership, marketing & communications services, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.