Fountain Tire is searching for a Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team in our South Edmonton Corporate Office.
As an important member of the Commercial Products team within the Marketing department, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and executing a category plan that achieves sales and margin objectives
- Managing product portfolio (product screen, product gaps, additions and deletions). Administer and maintain item details, including pricing, features and benefits in corporate ERP system (MS Dynamics AX).
- Developing, administering, and reporting on category promotions, and managing an annual promotional plan for the assigned category;
- Communicating all relevant category information and programs to store associates and Operations team members;
- Researching customer expectations and conducting regular competitive analysis.
- Reporting on category performance including sales and margin performance, variance analysis, sales forecast, sales trends, and plans to achieve budget.
- Contributing to unit forecasting and inventory management effectiveness.
- Understanding customer expectations via research, discussion with field associates, and participation in industry events (e.g. trade shows) and associations.
- Conducting regular competitive analysis and acquire benchmark pricing information to support marketing efforts within assigned category. Document and maintain history.
- Monitoring and providing input on all communication instruments related to the product category (e.g. corporate website, Intranet, external publications, advertising, etc.)
- Managing vendor relations and negotiations
To succeed in this role, necessary knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Bachelors Degree in commerce, marketing or a related field plus 5 years of related marketing industry experience.
- Experience in the automotive aftermarket would be considered an asset
- A working knowledge of marketing concepts, with an emphasis on Product Management, Promotions, and Pricing
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to be able to handle multiple priorities and competing demands.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects from inception through to implementation; this includes the creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- A proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members and suppliers;
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities with an attention to detail.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to accommodate average annual travel of 10%.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be creative and innovative in their day-to-day tasks
- Collaborate within a team of highly motivated and dedicated individuals
- Develop personally and professionally in a supportive working environment
- Utilize our impressive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Invest in a retirement savings plan with company matching to help you achieve your financial goals
- Enjoy discounts on personal vehicle services at your local Fountain Tire location
- Receive handsome target based incentives to reward you for your contributions to the organization
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s "50 Best Managed Companies"
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. In office resumes will be accepted by reception only.