This is where it starts!
Every day is an event at Northlands. Literally. We’re where everything happens.
And we’re not just talking about the biggies like K-Days, Canadian Finals Rodeo, Farmfair International, Canadian Derby and Northlands Park Racetrack & Casino, but also the hundreds of other events we host throughout the year.
This requires a constant stream of promotion that must be able to reach all of our potential target audiences. That’s why we need someone whose knowledge of the online world doesn’t just include a broad familiarity with current digital trends, but someone so tuned in they can start planning for how we’ll adapt to future trends that haven’t happened yet.
This is a leadership role for someone ready to take on the initiatives that not only increase awareness, but also gets the community involved and excited to take part in everything we do. It requires both excellent internal and external customer service skills, as well as a high degree of effective personal communication.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing /Communications or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in progressive communications roles with solid understanding of various marketing functions including public relations, advertising and creative development – promotions and social media, marketing and media buying
- Knowledge of the event industry and standard event and venue marketing tactics
- Proven track record in achieving marketing goals that are tied to the bottom line
- Brand management experience preferred
- Budget development and management experience – competency working with budget documents
- Minimum of 1-3 years management experience
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Join the Northlands Team and enjoy some great extras such as a comprehensive benefits program; an employer supported defined benefit pension plan; a health and wellness program; and chances to win tickets to events. As part of our ongoing commitment to our community, our Day of Sharing program lets staff spend a day away from the office (with pay) volunteering in the community