Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class, year-round gathering place for the community.
Directly reporting to the Marketing Team Lead, this position is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of various marketing initiatives for the Calgary Stampede consumer marketing department and will provide marketing support for several internal business units as assigned.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Act as project manager, working collaboratively with internal business units to determine marketing needs that support department programs and initiatives.
- Work with Print Services to determine the most economical way to produce printed material in a timely manner including, posters, postcards, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Assist with traffic control of numerous projects that flow through the department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage timelines and budgets for ongoing development and delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer to develop concepts, establish layout and copy specifications, necessary for printing and distribution.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders in building Stampede brand equity by adhering to all visual identity guidelines in marketing and communications.
- Ensure that designs, advertisements, messages and images meet brand requirements and reflect applicable marketing creative platforms.
- Support Calgary Stampede volunteer committees as required.
- Cultivate positive external and internal stakeholder relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Support Marketing Team Lead as necessary including comprehensive activity summaries, administrative tasks and special projects.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or a related discipline is required.
- 2 – 3 years directly related experience in marketing, advertising or communications.
- Strong project management skills – delivering on-time, on-budget and to a high quality. Project management of a multi-page publication is an asset.
- Knowledge of agriculture and western events, tourism and festivals is an asset.
- Highly organized, self-starter and ability to work well in fluid environment.
- Excellent business communication and creative writing skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and managing external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Outgoing, social personality, self-motivated and enjoys working within a dynamic team.