Tervita is a leading North American environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ More than 4,000 dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Reporting to the Director, Pricing, the Marketing Specialist will support broad commercial activities through the development and understanding of industry related market and competitive intelligence, dynamics and overall fundamentals. This role will help to inform, guide and develop the strategic direction of the Business Unit’s and in supporting comprehensive pricing programs that maximize the value received for Tervita’s products and services.
Specific tasks will include the collection, consolidation and analysis of key market and competitive drivers in defining, recommending and implementing strategies and tactics related to target market share, investment decisions, growth initiatives and revenue & margin improvement opportunities. The marketing specialist will work cross-functionally to integrate broad market strategies into key pricing, sales and business planning activities and decisions within the Business Units.
This position will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization, including Pricing, Sales, Operations and Finance to understand and support corporate and Business Unit objectives through a deep understanding of key market fundamentals and visibility into major industry drivers.
- Strengthen Tervita’s competitive position through the capture and analysis of key market dynamics, fundamentals and major drivers/indicators across multiple segments
- Analyze, develop and recommend strategies based on market and competitive assessments, target market share, performance targets, and action plans to capture revenue and margin growth
- Support the “go to market” approach and strategic opportunities within the Business Units, including bids & RFPs, new opportunities, major contract renewals and/or significant changes to industry fundamentals.
- Provide supporting analysis and insight across the portfolio in developing the contract expiry profile, the identification of key value levers, and providing input to core sales and pricing strategy.
- Drive visibility and decision making activities via an understanding and analysis of profitability, volume seasonality, capacity utilization, revenue and volume forecasting, and product mix optimization.
- Support the corporate metrics framework and assist in the management of overall performance measurement against monthly and annual market segment revenue and volume targets as well as to help guide Management focus and attention to key areas of concern, or areas for further optimization and leverage.
- Must have a post-secondary education preferably in: Commerce, Business, Economics, Sociology, Mathematics, or something similar.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience either within the industry (may be Finance, Business Development, or other areas), or in other industries but with a focus in any of Marketing, Pricing, Yield, Planning, or Sales experience. Preference may be given to those with specific marketing related experience.
- Preference for those who possess a track record of: delivering results, managing internal expectations, using initiative and innovation for solving problems, and challenging the status quo.
- Experience working in significant change management environments is considered an asset.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, including excellent MS Excel (especially with data modeling experience) and/or Access skills, particularly that support metrics and reporting capabilities.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills (changing mindsets, challenging status quo, and articulating emerging points of view).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills to help gain consensus for and manage objections to new market approaches and Pricing in “Going to Market”.
- Have proven relationship management skills given significant interaction with other Business Unit leadership positions/levels.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills that help to build superior outcomes when challenging the status quo.
- Solid organizational skills and a strong work ethic that leverage initiative and self-starter mentality.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.