Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Team in our Calgary office. The successful candidate, a marketing professional, will be responsible for coordinating marketing and business development activities which align with objectives for local operations which encompasses the Engineering, Environmental Services, Environmental & Cultural Services, EPM, Aquatics, and Information Management Divisions.
The Marketing Coordinator will work in close consultation with team members, and technical consultants and will also liaise with Client Sector Coordinators and work with representatives and senior professionals in the oil and gas, mining, power, energy, design, construction and infrastructure sectors across Canada.
The successful candidate will be part of a team within an exciting and growing business environment. He/she will bring a customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organizational skills, will be able to achieve both short term results as well as build long-term strategies, and must be able to operate positively in a context of change and growth
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies and tactics; and track, prepare, and deliver reports on marketing programs and initiatives;
- Coordinate business development as well as participation in conferences, trade shows and other such promotional activities; including evaluating, planning and implementing trade shows and conferences;
- Assist with creation and execution of client events and represent Golder at events when required;
- Undertake market research, analyze trends, determine needs and expectations of target markets, potential clients, project and industry opportunities and recommend strategies to meet needs;
- Develop advertising materials for external publication, including trade magazines, sponsorships/awards, recruitment, and community involvement projects;
- Coordinate elements of the Client Relationship Management program locally, including initiating and tracking client satisfaction surveys, reporting and recommending quality improvements;
- Proactively manage workload through regular communication with practitioners;
- Support staff in marketing services through building and maintaining client relationships;
- Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Golder policies and procedures;
- Act as a role model to espouse our Core Values and Code of Conduct;
- Perform other duties as required to support Golder’s success.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A University Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications (consideration to graduates in sciences or engineering with a strong marketing background);
- 3 to 6 years of direct work experience in a marketing capacity preferably within a professional (engineering and/or sciences) services firm;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Well developed research skills; able to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data;
- Solid understanding of the oil &gas, design, construction and mining industry and/or environmental services is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills, outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Highly effective teamwork skills with a can-do attitude;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for opportunities;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products;
- Energetic, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented;
- A “Safety-First” focus;
- A high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder’s reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values.
Our Staff Benefit from:
- An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
- Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
- Employee mentoring program
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.