The Marketing Specialist role is responsible for the successful execution and management of marketing plans and activities in Western Canada to drive growth on assigned market segments and products.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the Western Canada marketing plans for assigned market segments and products
- Executing business-building marketing plans and initiatives across Western Canada
- Contributing to the establishment of a customer-focused, solutions-oriented culture throughout the Organization
Health, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to a safe work environment. Understands the safety objectives of the organization and supports these efforts in a visible manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Takes into consideration all safety and environmental issues in all marketing related activities.
Marketing Strategy and Implementation
- Manages an assigned portfolio of segments and products.
- Becomes a technical expert and the voice of the customer on assigned segment(s) and product(s).
- Monitors and analyzes the marketplace and competition.
- Works with Marketing Manager / Director to develop plans on assigned segments and products.
- Works with Marketing Manager / Director to identify market opportunities and needs and suggest appropriate responses.
- Coordinates the development of new solutions, services and products.
- Works with his / her Marketing Director / Manager to propose profitable, business building marketing activities.
- Responsible for the implementation of marketing plans and activities, including any marketing communications efforts across all vehicles.
- Contributes to the development of effective sales tools for assigned segments and products.
- Tracks the performance of his or her segment / product lines and initiatives. Monitors results and proposes corrective action if needed. Thoroughly evaluates effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Tracks marketing budget related to his or her initiatives and area of responsibility.
- Visits field sales locations to maintain contact with sales force and customers.
- Supports his or her Marketing Manager / Director on any marketing requirements specific to a geographic market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to a Marketing Manager or Director
- High level of interaction across the Organization, in particular with manufacturing / sales, finance and other functional groups.
- As a key member of the newly formed marketing function, the ability of the Marketing Specialist to develop strong working relationships throughout the Organization is key to the success of the overall marketing team. The success of the Marketing Specialist will depend on his / her ability to influence and solicit the support of others.
Education and Experience
- B. Comm or equivalent; MBA an asset
- 1 - 3 years experience in marketing or related field
- Experience with B2B marketing in addition to B2B an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good ability to build relationships
- Good ability to influence others
- Customer focus
- Results driven
- Action oriented
- Ability to get things done
- Detail oriented
- Geography: Western Canada
- Budget: TBD
- Direct Reports: 0
- Travel Required: 10 - 15%