To support the Economic Development Manager in achieving the key strategic goals of the department. We focus on:
- Promoting Grande Prairie as a destination for commercial and industrial investment
- Promoting Grande Prairie's high quality of life and abundant job opportunities
- Ensuring the cost and ease of doing business in the City is competitive
- Advising Council and Senior Administration
Publications, Report Development, Writing and Design:
- Develop publications, for print and online use, to enhance marketing campaigns; promote Grande Prairie as a great place to Live, Work and Play
- Develop top-level copy for all print and online communication vehicles
- Undertake multimedia contests to gather video and photo inventory for marketing and advertising
- Assist with the creation of strategic documents and reports
- Develop copy for and design newsletters, brochures, ads, posters, etc.
- Prepare advertising copy, negotiate fees and place ads for newspaper, radio, web, etc.
- Assist with the creation of news releases and advisories
- Updating website content
- Leading social media activities
- Carry out media and trend monitoring
- Conduct research for policies, strategy, reports and various other communications
- Event Management
- Engage in the planning, implementation and coordination of major events, including trade shows, Growing the North Conference and job fairs
- Assist with special projects
- Attendance and staffing during trade shows
- Setting up displays
Education & Experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in an economic development, marketing, communications or similar role.
- Must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Driver's License or equivalent
- Other Knowledge and Skill
- Demonstrated abilities in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and desktop publishing
- Ability to work independently and shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to communicate and network confidentially, both verbally and in writing
- Requires meetings occasionally outside regular hours
What we offer
Do you want to work in an organization that supports your educational ambitions? Are you interested in working with leaders who value a healthy work-life balance with year-round wellness events, flexible employment arrangements and a health spending account? Does a defined benefit pension and comprehensive benefits package give you peace-of-mind?
The City of Grande Prairie is committed to flexibility, integrity, service, cooperation and having fun.
Our Economic Development department need someone with your creativity and passion.
- We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Strong writing ability in internal and external communications
- Strong persuasive writing skills
- Experience meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A passion for promoting your community
If you do, this could be the best move of your career! Work for an employer of choice in a city that offers big-city service with a small-town feel. Know that your work has an important impact on the community and region.
The City of Grande Prairie is the right place for you!
Experience Level(s): Junior
Job Type(s): Permanent, Full Time
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job base location: City Hall
Hours of work: 35
Salary / Wage: D Band
Selection process: Successful candidates will interviewed by a three person panel.
Who to contact for more information?
Brian Glavin, 780.538.0475