We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. A new bridge connects people with destinations through a variety of transportation options. A new library both supports education and inspires. A new community plan balances housing development and protects the environment. As part of the Stantec Marketing Team, you have a direct role in connecting over 20,000 employees working in over 400 locations to projects like these that positively impact our communities.
At Stantec, our work thrives at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships―across a spectrum of professional consulting services including planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics. As part of the Marketing Team, your role is to help bring our story to life and present it in creative and compelling ways.
Are you an informed and motivated leader with a passion for success in marketing and business development? Do you have enthusiasm for collaboration in creating and executing pursuit strategies that win new projects? Do you like the challenge of using the marketing tool box to enhance brand presence and competitiveness?
An exciting opportunity currently exists with Stantec’s Edmonton Capital Region for a Marketing/Proposal Team Lead. This position requires a detail oriented individual with relevant background in business development, account management strategies, and marketing―-a team player who can confidently lead pursuit processes and teams, understand project delivery modes, communicate with conviction, and manage competing priorities confidently.
About the role
Guiding your team, you will work with marketing and business leadership to develop annual integrated marketing and business development plans and proposal pursuit strategies to achieve Stantec’s goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in related sectors. Working alongside your team and our practitioners, you will prepare designed-to-win proposals and engaging presentations. You’ll be working closely with our technical project managers to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack. You will work closely with key business development leaders and help execute account plans.
Your experience with business development, pursuit strategies, and proven business acumen gives you the credibility you need to work cross-functionally and garner buy-in and alignment from teams and senior leadership. From pursuit strategies to advertising, you’ll leverage an integrated approach that uses creative and compelling methods that build the equity of the Stantec brand. The metrics and reporting you put in place will ensure we’re on track, and build a base for future planning.
You understand what it takes to sell AE services in our market. You know how to strategically position, brand, and sell AE services through compelling proposals. You understand the beginning, middle, and end game, in our industry, and how as a Marketing/Proposal Team Lead you can support our region to drive revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership. A solid background in the AE industry will separate you from other candidates.
We’ll look to you for local market research & analysis, assessment of opportunities, proposal strategy & development, client event coordination, as well as management of conferences and tradeshows, advertising, and general collateral. You will lead a team that will support you in these efforts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
Education and experience
- Post-Secondary in English, journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium to large sized organization (preferably in the A/E industry)
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Explorer
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Distiller
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Awareness that ongoing training may involve professional development courses in the evenings or on weekends
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with marketing peers at some of our identified teaming partner firms could be required.