Ausenco is an exciting, fast-growth organization with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We’re a global leader in engineering, project management and operations solutions for the Oil & Gas, Power, Environment & Sustainability, Minerals & Metals, Process Infrastructure and Program Management sectors.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
The Opportunity and Job Description
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual for the role of Marketing & Proposal Specialist in our Calgary office who would be part of the North American regional BD and Marketing team. This role supports the business divisions in winning new business through the creation of professional quality, differentiated proposals and managing the proposal development process.
In our industry you’re only as good as your reputation- which is great news for us. Our BD and Marketing teams work hard to create inspiring relationships with our clients and enhance our reputation in our chosen markets.
- Preparation of proposals in response to formal and informal client solicitations, including requests for qualifications (RFQ), requests for proposals (RFP), and for pre-solicitation efforts
- Assist with the creation and development of Ausenco’s local marketing collateral: case studies, fact sheets, experience lists, SOQ’s and value propositions;
- Work with the internal and external stakeholder input, standard information and research as required in accordance with Ausenco document standards -- Ensure the quality of materials throughout pursuit strategy and development
- Engage bid team and where required lead proposal development including, storyboard content, define strategic position, key messages and themes
- Develop plan and manage stakeholder involvement in bids to ensure timely submission and allowance for Ausenco’s required review and approval process
- Foster the bid team’s focus on Ausenco’s value proposition for the bid throughout the process – maximise specific over standard content
- Ensure approval process is completed for proposals submitted at each stage (Bid/no bid through to PAF)
- Manage CRM information and assist with reporting on region’s pipeline status.
- Establish and maintain internal relationships with all key areas of the business to achieve cooperation based on advocacy of the centralised proposal team
- Work with business development and client facing business line staff on presentation development, structure, scripting and rehearsals.
- Manage contact for proposal input with external partner organisations where required (for example) joint venture / partner arrangements and be able to maintain in confidence information where these may be competitors of Ausenco.
- Foster the process for recovering feedback information on wins/ losses
- Assist with communicating our brand and establishing consistency across all forms of marketing
- Assist with the coordination of multi-disciplinary client events including conferences/tradeshows, award submissions and publicity engagements
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A detailed knowledge of marketing procedures, work processes, and tools, along with evidence of past successful management of marketing projects
- A thorough understanding of effective document and presentation production, and an in-depth understanding of proposal and presentation psychology and how to convey messages, themes, discriminators, and responses to evaluation criteria clearly and effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or a related field, coupled with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated success
- Experience in a consulting engineering firm would be an asset.
- Project Management / team management experience (in a work or school setting)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to negotiate with key stakeholders
- Ability to write – convey complex messages succinctly and with clarity
- Ability to develop relationships across all facets of the business and build advocacy for team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle pressure
- Prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging and highly interactive deadline-driven environment
- A professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
- The initiative and personal commitment to manage multiple projects and details concurrently, follow up, and bring tasks and projects to full completion.
- An understanding of pursuit protocol as well as effective proposals and presentation creation
- Understanding of CRM would be an asset.
- Advanced software skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Acrobat. Knowledge of desktop publishing software (e.g., InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite), graphics programs (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat; Photoshop) is a plus.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ausenco is an equal opportunity employer.