Podcast Nation (www.podcastnation.co) is seeking a strategic and resourceful marketing specialist who has the hands-on technical expertise to execute campaigns for our podcasts and podcasters, as well as our company brand, from start to finish, including strategy, social media, brand direction, graphic design, PR, and more. We’re looking some someone to truly own the marketing and promotional efforts of our company, working side-by-side with production and sales teams to ensure the sustained growth of our current and future shows. We are a small team of true team-players who often help in all aspects of the business, so although this is primarily a marketing position, the right candidate will be willing and eager to be involved in production, sales, and general business operations as well.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for Podcast Nation and all Podcast Nation clients
- Create weekly social media content for all new podcast episodes, including graphics and audio clips
- Create strategy and social media content for promotion of past podcast episodes
- Update podcast websites as necessary with new episodes and content
- Develop and implement media strategy for select Podcast Nation clients
- Research, book, and schedule interviews and other media appearances for podcast hosts
- Conduct ongoing research for additional marketing and promotional opportunities to further promote podcasts
- Create brand mood boards for new podcast clients; work with graphic designer to develop podcast cover art and social media templates
- Work with graphic designer and merchandising team to design new merchandise for podcasts
- Design and create email newsletters for podcast clients
- Assist with sales research and outreach for new podcast advertisers
- Be a willing team player with all other departments, ready to help when needed on other projects
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience in digital marketing and/or graphic design
- Photoshop basic abilities (do not have to create brands, but work with what is created)
- Ability to have flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary
- Understanding of all social media channels
- Superb copywriting abilities
- Understanding of SquareSpace and Mailchimp considered an asset
- A big love of podcasts
- Interest in and good understanding of pop culture (especially American pop culture)
- A team player with a sense of humour!
Podcast Nation is a full-service podcast agency based in Vancouver and LA. This role will work from our Vancouver office in Gastown.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!