High-Energy. Hands-On. Socially-Savvy. Passionate about what you do?
Alberta Pork is looking for a creative, energetic and highly motivated professional who doesn’t know the word “impossible”, thrives on “challenge” and truly wants to “make a difference”. In this industry, we can guarantee excitement and diversity as we address issues from A to Z.
On our team, the Marketing Manager is a position with many broad marketing responsibilities. You are responsible for the development and execution of the annual marketing plan under the “Passion for Pork” initiative. In addition, you are responsible for managing events, social media channels, sponsorships, overseeing marketing inventory, and managing community requests. Your attention to detail will be critical to your success in this position and your responsibilities will require that you work closely with various internal and external clients.
- Implement all elements of the “Passion for Pork” initiative, including; social media channels, food bloggers, TV commercials, and website.
- Work with external partners to design marketing materials such as brochures, signage, recipe cards promotional items, and contests.
- Manage and coordinate event logistics
- Manage external sponsorships including on-site activation
- Prepare and manage all sponsorships, grants and event budgets
- Facilitate update meetings
- The ideal candidate will possess a university degree or diploma in marketing and/or event management with 3 to 5 years of experience working in an intermediate marketing and/or events management role.
- Track record of executing brand awareness marketing tactics–online and offline.
- A self-starter with strong attention to details, organization skills and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, take on responsibility and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong project management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the food industry.
- The position requires some travel; therefore, a valid driver’s license is required.
As an industry, we are socially and environmentally conscious and we strive to provide leadership through our actions. Alberta pork producers participate in the noble profession of feeding the world and produce the highest quality pork for consumers at home and abroad.
Alberta Pork offers a competitive salary and benefits program. And we are really great people to work with.