The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager for Edmonton. As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic briefs and integrated tactical plans that assure the successful launch and ongoing performance of the Homes and Community division’s projects actively marketing in Edmonton. This includes leveraging consumer insights research, providing strategic direction for advertising and promotions, creating on-brand customer experience at the Point of Sale, setting/adhering to annual project budgets and building relationships with internal and external partners. This position has three reports including Communities Marketing Coordinator, Multi Family Homes Marketing Coordinator and Single Family Homes Marketing Coordinator.
- Collaborate on Brookfield’s Edmonton homes and community projects and develop/sustain their related brands, USPs, market positioning and operations;
- Leverage consumer insights, competitive research and consultation with internal subject matter experts to create insightful strategic project briefs for all active projects;
- Ensure the internal marketing team and key external vendors maintain a high level of brand understanding throughout the life of projects;
- Lead through others/collaborative teams to bring strategic briefs to life and create integrated tactical plans for each project;
- Provide day to day oversight to the Marketing team to ensure advertising creative and promotional activities are brand-appropriate and consumer focused;
- Oversee Point of Sale: collateral, directional signage, show home and sales centre furnishing;
- Develop and report on ROI metrics associated to each projects key performance indicators (i.e. awareness, reach, traffic, sales targets);
- Support the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager in the creation and presentation of annual strategy presentations and associated budgets to senior management;
- Support the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager in receiving feedback and championing new marketing strategies, technology to execute;
- Monitor and report on integrated project budgets on a monthly basis;
- Lead through others and support team development through coaching and sharing of expertise and information.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations
- Seven to ten years of marketing experience
- Previous experience in real estate or new home construction is strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written business communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship skills and experience leading teams
- Previous experience setting and managing budgets
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- RRSP matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on corporate values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.