Marketing Manager full-time
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Marketing Manager in our Calgary office.
The JuneWarren-Nickle's Energy Group (JWN) is the largest energy publishing house in Canada, leading the way in the publishing of oil and gas industry magazines, directories, maps and charts, and custom products.
We are seeking a self-starter with a multi-disciplinary approach to join our dynamic team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing a marketing strategy, plan and budget for the JWN product portfolio, as an integral part of the overall business plan.
Reporting to the Publisher, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for hiring, training and managing all direct reports (currently one); providing analysis and input for new products; recommending marketing strategies; as well as leading research initiatives and representing JWN at industry functions.
- Developing an integrated marketing plan and budget for all JWN products, as an integral component of the marketing & sales plan and business plan for JuneWarren Publishing.
- Developing an internal marketing plan to ensure all JWN products and services are strategically represented across the corporate portfolio, with a view to maximizing internal opportunities for brand and product promotion.
- Conducting market research & analysis and compile data on marketing trends, competitive products and pricing.
- Providing timely market information based on market knowledge and research that will allow the company to respond to evolving market needs and company product needs, creating greater overall corporate profitability.
- Developing and executing programs that monitor and assess the role/positioning of JWN products in their respective marketplaces.
- Developing and overseeing the production of key marketing materials related to the promotion and position of existing and anticipated JWN products.
- Maintaining an active view of the various marketplaces in which JWN operates, with a view to identifying and recommending new product opportunities.
- Organizing and leading competitive publication/product monitoring.
- Ensuring marketing campaigns are carried out as planned; participate in key sales and marketing presentations, and customer visits.
- Leading and coordinating the annual development and execution of JWN various media kits and media planning packages, including strategic dissemination to the appropriate advertising agencies and customers.
- Planning and executing against plan for new and existing marketing events that extend the reach of JWN products.
- Scheduling, planning and copywriting press releases or any other communications material related to JWN products and product extensions.
- Knowledge of marketing management concepts, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of marketing value-chain functions, including but not limited to, planning, product development, sales and sales support.
- Knowledge of product/service/brand life cycle
- Ability to complete customer and market needs analysis
- Ability to determine product positioning and effective marketing communication concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of the oil & gas and construction industries
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to coaching and mentor direct reports
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong customer relationship-building skills
- Ability to utilize business knowledge to manage bottom-line profitability, cost, sales revenue, etc.
- Ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Significant marketing and marketing management experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success in building and leading a marketing function.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in managing the marketing of diverse products and services.
- Significant experience in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Well developed copywriting skills.
Education & Training:
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Communications, with a major in Marketing, or
- Substantial marketing experience, combined with sales training
- Trained in Microsoft Office Suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Continuing education & training to keep abreast of new developments and changing requirements