Tracking Code: 714-062
About Cervus Equipment
Cervus Equipment represents honesty, ingenuity and integrity and is powered by the world’s dominant agricultural, construction, materials handling and transportation equipment brands. The company acquires and operates authorized equipment dealerships and has interests in 75 dealerships in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Zealand and Australia.
Cervus’ primary brands include John Deere agricultural equipment, Bobcat and JCB construction equipment, Clark, Sellick and Doosan materials handling equipment, and Peterbilt transportation equipment. Cervus has a majority interest in Agriturf Limited, with ten locations on the North island of New Zealand and owns a 21% partnership interest in Maple Farm Equipment, with seven John Deere agricultural dealerships; six in Saskatchewan and one in Manitoba. The common shares of Cervus are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and trade under the symbol "CVL."
Reporting to the VP, Construction with dotted line reporting to the VP, Agriculture and VP, Transportation. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies, programs and tactics to drive revenues, market share and to acquire and retain customers while supporting the Cervus brand.
The position collaborates with Divisional VPs, GMs and the marketing team to segment markets, identify marketing needs and deliver marketing solutions. Although the immediate focus will be to address basic short term requirements this needs to be done with a view to creating longer term marketing strategy.
In addition, this position develops policies, practices and tactics pertaining to marketing tools such as signage, vehicle decals, voice mail messages, etc. The position also delivers on the Cervus and Division needs through effective management of the Corporate and Divisional marketing people and budget resources.
- Serving as the senior Cervus resource, the Director or Manger Marketing leads the efforts to establish and maintain a corporate brand and to integrate the brand with Divisional marketing activities.
- Establishes and manages Cervus wide marketing standards and tools related to marketing visuals, digital marketing tools, social media strategies, customer satisfaction and loyalty survey tools, signage, as well as, policies and procedures pertaining to the Cervus brand.
- Through Marketing professionals assigned to Divisions as well as through collaboration with Division senior management, identifies the marketing requirements to acquire and retain customers, as well as, meet OEM marketing needs at both the Division and Branch level.
- Manages and deploys a small group of professionals in support of marketing programs for the enterprise and Divisions; these resources are responsible for customer facing communications, graphic design, event planning and coordination, internal employee communications and communications directed toward investment community.
- Manages market research related to market growth opportunities, market segmentation, market penetration, product positioning, channel development opportunities and the competitive landscape.
- Establishes guidelines and processes to manage marketing services in a professional, efficient and consistent manner while supporting both the Cervus and OEM brands resulting in enhanced brand and product/service awareness.
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders (OEMs, Divisional Leadership, suppliers, etc.) to optimize marketing’s effectiveness.
- Creates an atmosphere of openness, honesty, trust, collaboration and teamwork through personal leadership, and the leadership of others, that embraces integrity and respect. Words and actions are aligned and visible.
- Affects change in the organization through personal leadership and the leadership of others by encouraging dialogue and facilitating understanding throughout the change process.
- Creates high but achievable performance standards and holds him/herself and others accountable. Is visible, personally committed, energetically involved in initiating and executing on key priorities.
- Through recognizing and celebrating accomplishments of individuals and teams, instills a sense of pride and drives employee engagement.
- Commits to continual learning for oneself and supports the same for others. Constantly coaches, counsels and provides opportunities for the development of people. Instills confidence and uses mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Recognizes that leadership comes from many places within the organization and knows when to lead and when to encourage and inspire leadership from others.
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Through relationships, engage and influence leaders to subscribe to a corporate brand and integrate the brand with Divisional marketing efforts
- Create and execute basic strategies, programs and tactics that deliver increased revenues, market share and customer loyalty.
- Provide centralized marketing services including development of processes and guidelines, as well as, the management of a small group of professionals
- Merge marketing theory with a sound knowledge of the business when collaborating with Divisional senior management to understand marketing requirements and translate those needs into pragmatic marketing plans that result in acquiring and retaining customers
- Business degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience in marketing, branding and communications within a dealership or equipment industry
- Located in Calgary with approximately 25% travel to branch locations