Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
We currently have a job opening for a Marketing Manager , reporting to the Managing Director, Sales and Marketing. This position is located in our Calgary Head Office.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a 3 Year strategic business plan for Marketing to grow TransAlta's EBITDA contribution and return on risk capital from the Customer buisiness and to maximize TransAlta's merchant gross margin within specified risk parameters.
- Development of a marketing strategy; implementing strategies, concepts, priorities and new products that promote TransAlta’s brand image and continually grow TransAlta’s customer base. The marketing plan will include strategies for:
- Customer Development and Management - identifying potential customers by understanding customer needs and TransAlta’s market share. Increasing TransAlta competitiveness by understanding competitor business models and products. Developing campaign and tactical media plans (social/digital media, traditional media, B2B media PR, events etc.). Determining customer segmentation and analysis for customer care, brand and reputation management purposes.
- Marketing and Product Development – creating TransAlta’s brand and marketing messages, recommending pricing models, product and service models. Providing recommendations to refine existing products. Implementing strategies to transition products from Marketing to Sales
- Delivering and maintaining customer segmentation & analysis work for Alberta Commercial and Industrial Retail Markets and North American wholesale markets.
- Create strategies to enhance customer participation or interest in: green energy, energy efficiency or conservation, reduction of energy costs
- Maximizing ROI and budget by only using marketing tactics and channels that reach the intended Customer, based on what they want to hear (focusing resources)
- Supporting TransAlta’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems strategy to manage TransAlta’s interaction with current and future customers.
- Developing relationships with existing and key target customers, promoting TransAlta’s capabilities and identifying new service lines and areas for expansion in support of strategic business plan.
Post-Secondary Degree with Marketing Concentration
10 Years of Marketing Experience
- Business to Business Marketing (B2B) experience
Ability to apply leadership skills in creating and executing on a marketing strategy
Apply marketing experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining a 3 Year strategic business plan for Marketing to grow the B2B Customer business.
Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and facilitate buy-in with a variety of stakeholders across functions
Demonstrated ability to effectively represent TransAlta in customer engagements
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead adaption to change in a complex environment
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.