Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We're a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone, and we're looking for a Marketing Manager who will take our company to new heights in Calgary.
Marketing Managers at Uber wear many hats - and we promise you, this role extends far beyond what you think of as marketing. This role means you are responsible for doing everything (and anything) that is related to growing Uber in your city - we won’t stop until all of Calgary is riding Uber. A typical day might include chatting with a pro-athlete's publicist, setting up a partnership with a multi-day music festival in Calgary or drafting a blog post about partnering with a brand for on-demand boat service. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be tasked with growing our user base and brand awareness in Calgary, and growing Uber in the most efficient and engaging ways possible. You will be expected to:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Execute strategic partnerships and business development locally
- Spread the UberLOVE by engaging riders and influencers through events, social media, and our blog
- Expand our reach by partnering with Calgary’s top events
- Be the voice of Uber by designing and authoring content on our blog, in emails, and in partnership with other brands
- Dig into customer support, as awesome rider experiences are the core of our marketing!
- Creative. You’re full of fresh ideas to generate new user signups and promote the brand.
- A utility player. You're ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re writing catchy email copy or explaining a new campaign to riders on our blog.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring Uber to the masses.
- Born to network. If there’s a major event in town, you’re there building out your contact list.
- A hustler. You’ll work evenings, sacrifice weekends and work late nights to help build the Uber brand in Toronto.
What you’ll need:
- 2-5 years in marketing, consulting, business development, or a similar field
- Solid experience with events, sponsorship and/or experiential marketing in Toronto
- Demonstrated passion for the Uber brand
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.