We are Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada, and annual revenues of more than $460 million. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose independent member firms operate in close to 100 countries worldwide.
Grant Thornton has been recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for the last five consecutive years. In 2011 our firm ranked as the 5th Best Workplace in Canada, for companies with more than 1000 employees. Currently, we are successfully executing an ambitious strategy to establish a distinctive leadership brand in each of the markets in which we operate. It’s a very exciting time for our firm – we have the resources to compete, and the culture to differentiate.
Working closely with the Southern Alberta Business Unit (SABU) Managing Partner and the Western Canadian Marketing Leader, this well-rounded “marketing athlete” will work to help drive revenue (market share), manage reputation (brand) and expand relationships in the local market. This includes the creation of tailored sector/segment and service line marketing plans to support the Calgary business plan and the adaptation of national initiatives to the local market.
Why choose Grant Thornton?
Our culture is unique and our brand is synonymous with trust and quality. We are privileged to work with some of Canada’s most successful private and public organizations. In fact, clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. Indeed, we have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
As a Marketing Manager with Grant Thornton, your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a strategic role in the development of SABU marketing sector/segment and service line plans to support the SABU business unit marketing strategy
- Leading the implementation of SABU marketing plans and other marketing-related initiatives, ensuring successful execution at all stages
- Proactively seeking branding opportunities for Grant Thornton and strategic sponsorships for our sector/segment focus
- Providing strategic communications support in conjunction with sector/segment and service line plans, including the development of marketing collateral
- Leading the planning and execution of all client and prospect events
- Acting as a brand champion, ensuring that all marketing initiatives support the firm’s brand and corporate strategic objectives
- Advising SABU leadership on marketing best practices
- Researching and analyzing new marketing opportunities
- Tracking marketing results and ROI for the local market
- Executing and tracking progress of annual marketing plans and budgets
- Managing the marketing staff and develop a marketing team culture through guidance, delegation and mentorship
- Working collaboratively with the Grant Thornton marketing team across Canada
The skills and attributes required for the position include:
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the professional services industry and what influences clients
- An understanding of the business landscape in Alberta and current economic environment
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to pull together and analyze information into clear results
- An understanding of different aspects of marketing as it relates to the firm (public relations, events and sponsorships, internal communications, corporate responsibility, advertising, alumni relations, digital marketing)
- Able to develop strong working relationships and flex working style to suit all levels of staff and leadership
- Superior communication skills and the ability to develop materials that are clear, concise and impactful
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Calgary is located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, alongside the picturesque Bow River. With a population of just over a million people, Calgary is the perfect place to balance a rewarding career at Grant Thornton with an active lifestyle. The City is famous for its genuine western hospitality and is one of the sunniest in all of Canada. The Grant Thornton office is located in the heart of the business district and, with over 100 professionals in Calgary, our brand is renowned.