Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Reporting to the Director, Operations, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of a marketing and sales plan to deliver the overall Marketing strategy and optimize the sales revenue. The qualified candidate will build a petroleum marketing group within Teck Energy.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Build a marketing group to support future production from Teck’s existing oil sands assets
- Develop specific marketing and sales plans in line with the marketing strategy, taking into account customer requirements and the ability of the company to meet those requirements
- Monitor delivery performance against contractual commitments and take appropriate action
- Develop and maintain an active and extensive market intelligence network and integrate this information into a demand/supply model
- Provide direct input in the development of administrative systems to increase the effectiveness of the marketing department
- Manage the administration and preparation of sales contracts
- Actively support the development of effective logistics to maximize the competitiveness of the company
- Establish, maintain and manage relationships with existing and potential clients to monitor ongoing sales activities and record changes in buyers’ plans and perceptions, and to develop new marketing opportunities
- Negotiate sales contracts and all related commercial terms with customer baseProvide guidance to, and seek advice from, the technical consultants to improve the company’s position with customers; extract optimal value for each product through quality optimization and value-in-use principles
- Provide input into the development of the overall marketing strategy and the negotiation strategy and process
- Prepare sales forecast and validate input into the system to ensure all relevant personnel have a complete understanding of the commitments
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Geology, or related technical field
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Business Administration is a definite asset
- Minimum 10 years of international marketing or procurement experience preferably in petroleum, raw materials, or industrial products
- Proven negotiating abilities
- Superior interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office®: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced analytical and organizational abilities
- Ability to operate independently
Teck Energy offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Our organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as Flex Days.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.