Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communication Manager for Alberta, the coordinator will provide event strategy based on business tactics, logistical and implementation support, client follow-up, CRM data entry and administration support.
The role will be expected to take the lead on events, sponsorships and internal/external communications.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Alberta team.
The overall goal is to implement coordinated, measurable programs that support the firm’s internal
priority initiatives and external market priorities.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Primary responsibility is supporting and/or planning, implementation, management and evaluation of business development related conferences, seminars, external and internal events in Edmonton;
- Manage the event follow-up processes, to include thank you letters, thought leadership distribution,
budget tracking, etc;
- Work with and update internal database (CRM) for event invitees;
- Manage inventory of marketing and promotional materials;
- Support other industry marketing and business development initiatives as required; and
- Administrative duties such as invoicing, meetings, coordinating mailings, etc.
- Strong event planning and execution experience;
- Excellent research skills and proof reading;
- Understanding of graphic design and production processes; and
- Creativity and thoroughness with high standards of quality.
- Excellent written and presentation skills;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner; and
- Structured work habits and a very high level of energy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the candidate will be able to interact successfully with all lines of service, managers, partners and clients; and
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Project and Change Management
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent logistical skills;
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and conflicting agendas;
- Ability to work in a deadline intensive environment;
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment and;
- Flexibility in hours of work and understanding requirements of events. This includes some early mornings and evening events. Travel may be required.
- Minimum qualifications for this position include completion of post secondary diploma or degree in
Events, Public Relations or Marketing;
- Minimum four years of related Event and Marketing experience, preferably in a professional services
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.