Based in Vancouver, Rise is North America’s first People & Culture Platform. Our platform provides the functionality of the traditional HRIS along with the cultural tools the modern HR professional needs to build a world class company.
Rise prides itself on being the absolute best and most engaging office to work for in Canada. Our progressive, team-spirited culture rewards hard work and initiative. We embrace a collective approach to building a leading company, and freedom to contribute in meaningful ways to our growth and success. We hire impressive and forward-thinking people with a real interest in contributing to the greater good of our company.
Rise is currently looking for a Marketing Copywriter to join our team!
You’re exceptional. You’re creative, persuasive, and relentless in your pursuit of awesomeness. You’re quick on your feet, you take ownership of your work, and you know your way around Strunk and White. You understand that copy is often the public’s first look at a company, and you know that first impressions matter. You are a master of words.
What’s more, you’re keen to learn more about company culture, and you’re excited to be working closely with your team to disrupt an industry and revolutionize the way the world does HR.
If that’s you, then you could be Rise’s new Marketing Copywriter. As one of two primary writers on our team, you make everything, from landing pages and emails to web pages, ads, video scripts, and (occasionally) blog posts, brilliant and polished. You’ll come to know the Rise voice and tone so well that you’ll find yourself writing people and culture copy in your Alphagetti.
We’re looking for someone who knows that good copy is about so much more than telling people to SIGN UP NOW. It’s about being the unique and inspiring voice of the company. Sound like you?
- Writing: you’re a champion of the digital world and comfortable writing inspiring and engaging copy across a number of media, including: emails; landing pages; website pages; digital ads; video scripts; and other content pieces as required.
- Collaboration: cue inspiring quote from a football movie. Yes, you know that collaboration is important, but you also know how to work effectively with others, including designers, non-marketers, and other writers.
- Editing and Proofing: you’re the grammar, punctuation, and syntax equivalent of a private investigator, and you’re not afraid to lend your keen eye to help out your teammates
- Time Management: you’re standing at the edge of a field of looming deadlines. Suddenly, an unexpected project hurdles towards you. What do you do?
- Because you’re a fantastic communicator as well as a creative thinker, we’ll be tapping you for strategic brainstorming sessions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent working experience
- 1-2 years of experience writing and producing marketing copy
- An exemplary writer: you write clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Familiarity with WordPress and Hubspot is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO
- Portfolio of recent writing samples (emails, landing pages, etc.) will be requested
- Interest in HR, People and Culture, and software is a bonus
- Communicator: your ability to turn concepts into copy is truly inspiring, and you help others do the same
- Creative: you’re a storyteller. Your imagination burns like a Roman candle and you take immense pride in the power of words.
- Organized: no, we don’t mean your desk is an immaculate testament to self-discipline. We mean that your mind is clear and capable of balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Adaptable: you write ads. You write emails. You write website copy. Sometimes you write blog posts. You’re flexible, keen, and you keep your eyes firmly on the bigger picture, even as you dive into the details of editing.
- Passionate: you have a deep, sincere belief in what you do and how it helps our clients.