Closing Date: 5/22/2015
Reporting to the Manager of Media Buying, this position will play a key role in the execution of all social media marketing and communications initiatives. You will achieve success in this role if you are creative and dynamic, a team player with a strong sense of urgency, high attention to detail and superior verbal and written communication skills. Projects will include planning, coordinating, executing and analysing various social media marketing activities and objectives, working with VP legal on media relations and executing Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Media Buying, and Marketing team, on social media strategy that aligns with the company’s current business goals.
- Create social media content calendars in accordance with all events to increase organic and paid reach and engagements.
- Assist in scheduling, planning, execution and tracking of creative campaigns, internally and with our outside vendors in various channels
- Initiate and guide conversations with our customers via social media channels; update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube channel and Blogs etc.
- Maximize online exposure through search engine optimization, search engine marketing, paid social media and online advertising; make recommendations for best practice of all available channels.
- Assist in the estimating, billing, reporting and invoicing for marketing fees and expenses as well as the maintenance of a social media spend plan.
- Assist in online marketing research and road-map planning
- Constantly update online analytics using various reports, such as Google Analytics, to generate an ROI on each campaign.
- Collaborate with VP legal and outside parties, including media, to develop positive media relations.
- Understand company Corporate Social Responsibility objectives to create a communication plan to the public
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical matters
- Well versed in social media with the ability and passion to pursue/explore new mediums to engage social media with.
- Previous communications experience; specifically with public or media relations, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Proficient with social media management applications including Hootsuite, etc
- Experience with graphic programs (ie; Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with constant changes and deadlines
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant workplace experience considered an asset.
- Previous proven experience in social media, online advertising and/or public relations.
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No travel