The River Cree Resort and Casino is Alberta’s newest and most exciting entertainment destination. The Marketing & Advertising Coordinator will assist in all facets of the Marketing Department, with emphasis on ongoing advertising and entertainment initiatives. This will include tracking costs and spends, working with internal associates to develop and distribute collateral, and working with media vendors to ensure deadlines are met. Ultimately, the Marketing Department is in place to support key business objectives through the creation of memorable experiences for our customers.
- Assist in answering River Cree Tickets toll free number and assist guests with tickets, dinner and show packages and hotel reservation
- Completes donation certificates for various Charity requests supported by the resort
- Assist with social media maintenance, launch FB and Twitter campaigns to grow the page likes and exposure through these mediums
- Familiar with and can facilitate the workings of an HP Large Format Printer, the ability to print, cut and install various merchandising elements
- Assist with all collateral on the casino floor to ensure its updated and placed appropriately to effectively promote the events and performances
- Communicate with resort partners on select special events
- Assist in planning of/preparation for gaming events, tournaments, promotions and other special events
- Put up/take down decorations, staging, equipment etc for Marketing events
- Generate and foster relationships with retail vendors
- Creating and tracking purchase orders for vendors as needed
- Related diploma or degree in marketing, communications and advertising is preferred.
- Computer knowledge must include Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Desktop publishing or Graphic Designer(Adobe Photoshop) experience is an asset.
- One to two years of professional experience in a marketing or coordinator position with emphasis on financial recording is an asset.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communicative and written skills along with attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently, solve problems and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to organize, compose an communicate event information to involve sponsors, and internal departments and ensure the success of all events and promotions. Provide continual updates to team.
- Work on one or more event(s) or promotion(s) at a time. Ability to prioritize tasks and use time wisely.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Maintain a good rapport and relationship with other departments, vendors and organizations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in some instances as needed to support various marketing initiatives.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.