Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, the Communications Coordinator will provide a range of marketing and communications services for the Department of Continuing Education (CED), including managing the marketing budget, the development of a marketing plan for CED, managing a large volume of marketing projects, working with vendors to maximize the use and expenditure of budgets, providing communication, oversight, and collaboration in planning and executing marketing strategies, and ensuring alignment with the Institute’s overall marketing and visual identity guidelines.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in CED to assess and identify marketing and communication needs.
- Coordinates marketing research, advertising, promotion, web contents/social media strategy, budgets and other components of the integrated marketing mix.
- Builds and drafts creative briefs for each marketing project, which will include budget guidelines, timelines, approval processes and production.
- Provides consultation services and guidance to the Continuing Education Executive Director and portfolio managers and project coordinators as required to plan and execute marketing activities within expected timelines.
- Acts as Project Manager for production of print and online publications (Continuing Education calendar) and print collateral (advertising, brochures, flyers, direct mail pieces).
- Writes, edits and oversees production and placement of ads and advertorials in newspapers and other media including copy for radio spots and other electronic and social media platforms.
- Current and experienced in the latest tactics and strategies in social media including Twitter, Facebook and other established social media platforms and the ability to use social media as a marketing delivery tool as well as use Google Analytics as a means for measuring metrics and ROI.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of graphic design to oversee production of print collateral and digital media.
- Accountable for the departments marketing budget and plan. Prepare annual budget and monitor expenses.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of marketing and/or advertising experience – agency or brand experience is an asset.
- Strong creative thinker. Ability to think strategically as well as tactically.
- Excellent written, electronic and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them, strong attention to detail.
- Organization abilities in a multi-task environment with coordinated deadlines and goals.
- Proven ability to conduct target audience analysis, identify opportunities, strategic positioning and develop strategic marketing plans.
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to take ownership of projects and work with interdepartmental functions to achieve project completion in a seamless and timely manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet marketing techniques, technologies, solutions and measurement.
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented.
Remuneration: salary will be commensurate with education and experience.