Marketing Coordinator full-time
The AGLC is responsible for regulating gaming and liquor activities across the province. Our work environment offers challenging opportunities, career growth, and supports work-life balance.
We are looking for a highly professional, creative, organized, responsible and well-rounded Marketing Coordinator to join our growing Marketing team. The successful candidate will work closely with our Marketing Manager in executing all marketing projects and programs. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for performing a range of administrative and marketing support duties related to the daily operations of the Marketing Department and Player Services Program (PSP). The selected individual will play a strong role in the execution of diverse marketing initiatives ensuring they are delivered with excellence. This position will coordinate the development, implementation and assessment of marketing promotions and campaigns in all AGLC gaming networks.
As a Marketing Coordinator, you will:
- Take ownership and execute business critical processes and activities, information and collation analysis and perform project support.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, addressing the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with appointed agencies, other members of marketing, consumer and retailer relations, sales, legal, corporate communications, IT, and external operators/retailers.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and internal leaders to establish policy and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate and execute promotional materials, events and advertising campaign elements.
- Ensure initiatives/programs are fully integrated to expected standards and executed effectively to plan.
- Support the day-to-day requirements to execute marketing programs/initiatives on time, on budget and to a high standard of quality.
- Support the day-to-day financial management of all marketing programs ensuring appropriate estimates, approvals and budget control management.
- You bring 3+ years of experience in a marketing coordinator role, as well as a desire for challenging projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Possess a Post Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business/Commerce with a specialization in marketing, advertising, public relations or communications from a recognized institution.
- Have 3-5 years of full-time marketing experience in a marketing coordinator role in a corporate marketing environment.
- Have a well developed base of marketing knowledge and principles. In addition, you are aware of various marketing tools and techniques.
- Have the ability to work independently or cooperatively as part of a team.
- Are a team player, with a strong sense of urgency, impeccable attention to detail with the ability to effectively multi-task; who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Take direction in a positive manner.
- Have the ability to collaborate and contribute to creative projects
- Demonstrate skill in managing multiple simultaneous projects from beginning (initial research) to end (post completion analysis), exhibit flexibility in approach, collaborate with multiple stakeholders and balance efficiently and respectfully the process, while looking for opportunities to be innovative.
- Are energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and results-oriented; passionate about marketing and a quick learner.
- Are able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Are results driven and deadline oriented; possess a strong ability to manage and coordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Possess strong organizational skills, have highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines and follow through on timelines.
- Have a proven track record of successful deliverable completion under pressure.
- Will bring creativity, drive, accuracy, and superior analytical and quantitative skills.
- Have very strong written (writing and editing) and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills and possess a passion for writing and grammar.
- Possess a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and people management skills.
- Are able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Possess superior attention to detail (extremely detail oriented), focused on accuracy in performance.
- Have the ability to adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
- Have strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- Possess excellent brand management skills.
- Have a commitment to excellence.
- Have strong technical knowledge and capacity to develop additional capabilities.
- Are highly computer literate and proficient in MS Office programs Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have experience with developing print materials and managing the print production process.
- Have experience with direct mail and the direct mail process.
- Have experience dealing with and managing external suppliers.
- Have experience with social media marketing.
- Are willing to travel if required.
- Are willing to work overtime as required.
Nice to haves:
- Bilingual (French) an asset.
- Experience as a Marketing Coordinator in an entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Access an asset.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and search engine marketing techniques.
- Web analytics, SQL, database management.
- Web standards and guidelines experience.