The Calgary Stampede is a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes western heritage and values. The Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through its world-renowned 10-day Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities. For more about the Stampede, visit www.calgarystampede.com.
Department: Consumer Marketing department
Pay: Entry level within pay range $49,651.00
Benefits: We offer a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent pension and benefits package, 3 weeks vacation pro-rated in the first year, flex days, opportunity for advancement and employee training.
Hours: 40 hours per week, some weekends and evenings required.
Position summary: Directly reporting to the Marketing Manager; this position is responsible or ensuring the successful execution of various marketing strategies for the Calgary Stampede consumer marketing department including; Stampede-time publications, Stampede digital channels (i.e. website, e-communication) and internal business unit marketing support.
- Act as project manager on all CS publications ensuring marketing and budget objectives are achieved through theme development, design elements, editorial, photography, calendar creation.
- Support and maintain CS digital channels including but not limited to, website, e-communication, mobile programs.
- Work collaboratively with internal business units to determine marketing needs that support department programs and initiatives.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders in building Stampede brand equity by adhering to all visual identity guidelines in marketing and communications.
- Utilize available consumer insights such as segmentation and advertising effectiveness studies to maximize impact of messaging and effectiveness of spending.
- Ensure that designs, products, advertisements, messages and images meet brand requirements, and reflect applicable marketing creative platforms and budget constraints.
- Manage day to day relationships with key vendors.
- Manage timelines and budgets for ongoing development and delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Support Calgary Stampede volunteer committees as required.
- Cultivate positive external and internal stakeholder relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Support Marketing Manager(s) as necessary including comprehensive activity summaries, administrative tasks and special projects.
- Post-secondary education in communications or a related discipline is required.
- 3 - 5 years directly related experience in advertising or communication planning, preferably agency.
- Strong project management skills - delivering on-time, on-budget and to a high quality.
- Highly organized, self-starter and ability to work well in fluid environment.
- Excellent business communication and creative writing skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and managing external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; comfortable using Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media.
Physical demands: Extended flexible hours. Frequent repetitive arm, hand and finger movement, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, occasional pushing/pulling and carrying up to 20 lbs. Stair climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and reaching. Exposure to dust, odors and animal dander. Visual acuity and color vision required.