Auto req ID: 16170BR
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG, a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in 144 countries and have more than 104,000 professionals working in member firms around the world.
The principal activities of Sales and Marketing include industry and field marketing, sales, research, branding, communications, creative services, public and media relations, sponsorships and events, proposals, and contact and relationship management services.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
As part of the Calgary Marketing & Communications Group, the Marketing Coordinator will report to a Marketing Manager and will assist in implementing marketing strategies based on plans.
The Marketing Coordinator, with a communications focus, will support a range of internal/external communication tactics. As a member of a dynamic and fast-paced environment they will be required to work on multiple projects within tight deadlines.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Work with Marketing Managers to focus existing marketing programs on key accounts
- Assist in managing the creation, customization and distribution of marketing collateral and thought leadership
- Support in the development of invitations and other digital communications for events and campaigns using online tools
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal and external communication plans and the various tactics involved to ensure cross-functional business growth and staff awareness
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans to support the business
- Work with Marketing Managers to gather materials necessary to develop and produce presentations, fact sheets and other marketing collateral, as required
- Liaise with national resources and external suppliers
- Contribute to the development of website content, landing pages and social media integration
- Provide guidance to key account teams which may include accessing market and competitive landscape research, market analysis on business issues, updating of various targeting related information, CRM and financial reports, etc.
- Work collaboratively with National Marketing, Industry Marketing and other Regional Marketing teams
- Act as a brand champion, following best practices, global branding and compliance guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to differentiate KPMG in the marketplace.
- General administrative activities
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
- KPMG offers a variety of comprehensive benefit packages in order to meet the diverse needs of our members – at varying stages of their lives.
- The Firm provides various “People Matters” programs such as personal care time, fitness reimbursement and scheduled days off in the summer.
- As a Firm, we are committed to the individual growth of our members and provide support through semi-annual performance reviews.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- 3 or more years of progressive marketing experience, with demonstrated ability to support professionals in relationship building and business development activities
- Diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related fields
- Superior written and communication skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to motivate, persuade and offer creative solutions to challenging situations
- Extensive experience in writing marketing materials and preparing business development support materials, and developing and implementing communication plans and strategies
- Capacity to work effectively within deadlines and short time frames
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude, with an energetic and proactive approach
- Proven ability to prioritize a diverse range of projects through to completion while interacting with a wide range of professionals
- Advanced skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Exposure and skills in Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset