Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Job Title: Coordinator, Marketing
Contribute to the development and execution of marketing campaigns that support the achievement of annual revenue targets and brand health scores for both WestJet and WestJet Vacations. Additionally, working with the Retail team, develop, execute, and manage specific retail sales & marketing initiatives, including (but not limited to) annual marketing calendars, project leadership, budget management and stake-holder coordination.
- Responsible for the fulfillment and execution of marketing campaigns; ensure key messages and tactics align to achieve campaign objectives and maintain brand consistency
- Actively participate in the creation and development of tactical retail advertising plans.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate comprehensive communication plans and annual marketing calendars for all advertising in a variety of media mediums.
- Optimize retail sales campaigns, identify new opportunities to increase sales & improve on site conversion
- Liaise with internal and external agency personnel regarding timelines, approvals, concepts for various campaigns and projects; provide recommendations for creative improvement.
- Act as internal project lead for all retail and marketing campaigns ensuring execution of each element of the plan including: budgets, deadlines, task coordination, stakeholder sign off and internal communication.
- Coordinate all internal marketing/stakeholder groups to ensure tactical and brand alignment or all marketing projects, collateral and strategies.
- Create and maintain messaging and destination support market calendars.
- Assist in the preparation of creative and media briefs to external agency partners.
- Ensure strong working relationships are maintained with internal stakeholders and external agency partners.
- Work across the organization to align all communications vehicles; review and provide final approvals, proofing, copywriting and editing for various media sources
- Coordinate and facilitate comprehensive communication plans and annual marketing calendars for both WestJet and WestJet Vacations
- Monitor and measure success of initiatives and campaigns, make recommendations for future initiatives
- Support the execution, performance measurement, and optimization of digital assets related to both on-site content and external advertising.
- Manage day to day creative and media partnership relationships (both internal and external)
- Schedule and facilitate ongoing meetings to discuss past results and plan future initiatives
- Execution and evaluation of campaigns (as required)
- Assist with execution of large-scale national or regional campaigns as required
- Maintain the brand standards for WestJet and WestJet Vacations’ visual identity, ensuring a consistent image and voice or tone is used for all communications in the marketplace
- Degree in marketing or communications, or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years previous experience in a marketing position is required
- Experience in sales & retail is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Experience in working with various mass media including TV, radio, digital/online, out of home and print
- Solid understanding of the agency / client relationship dynamic
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive & have fun within a multi-project and deadline-driven environment
- Spoken and written knowledge of French would be an asset
- Experience in the hospitality, travel and/or aviation industry an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience as marketing coordinator is an asset
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.