The Banff Centre’s mission is inspiring creativity. Thousands of artists, leaders and researchers from across Canada and around the world participate in programs here every year. Through its multi-disciplinary programming, The Banff Centre provides them with the support they need to create, to develop solutions, and to make the impossible possible.
The Marketing & Communications department at The Banff Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator (MC) to assist the Marketing Lead, Brand and Advertising, in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of marketing plans, with a focus on the Peter Lougheed Leadership Institute and the Conferences department at The Banff Centre. The MC is a highly-motivated, self-starter who thrives in a creative team environment, and successfully manages multiple tasks and projects while remaining flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. An attentive listener, with excellent interpersonal skills, the MC is a collaborative and committed member of the Marketing & Communications team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- supporting the implementation of marketing and communication plans, including researching, writing, editing, proofing, and distributing promotional materials and publications
- supporting the Communications and Media Relations team to identify stories related to leadership programs and conferences and assist in the execution of The Banff Centre’s social media strategy
- providing and demonstrating leadership in communicating and implementing the positioning phrase, key messages and visual identity adopted by the organization
- assisting in the research and development of relevant contact databases for the successful implementation of marketing plans
- preparing and evaluating marketing plans with a focus on The Peter Lougheed Leadership Institute and conferences department
- organizing and assisting with presentations, tours and special events to promote The Banff Centre, including arranging travel, booking facilities and catering, managing lists, preparing invitations and promotion
If you believe in our mission of inspiring creativity and have the following qualifications then we want to hear from you:
- bachelor's degree or diploma in communications, marketing, or public relations or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- well-developed knowledge of marketing and communications practices and between one and three years' related work experience
- fluent in English, with strong research, writing, and editing skills
- strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail when presented with multiple, sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, permanent salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probationary period.
- This position pays $2979.60 per month increasing to $3203.20 per month after probation, working 40 hours per week.
- The Banff Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package. For more information visit our benefits page.