Are you a marketing and communications professional with a passion for the arts? The Marketing and Communications department at The Banff Centre is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help create dynamic communications materials to increase awareness, understanding, and appreciation of and participation in programs, conferences, services, and events at The Banff Centre.
- Working with other Arts Marketing Team members in the preparation, evaluation, and implementation of marketing plans for program recruitment and event promotion.
- Assisting with researching, writing, editing, proofing, working with graphic designers and web specialists, and distributing promotional materials and publications.
- Assisting in the research and development of relevant contact databases for the successful implementation of marketing plans.
- Participating in the organization and implementation of presentations or special events to promote arts programs and events. Some public speaking may be required.
- Organizing and conducting tours of The Banff Centre as required.
- Performing other associated duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses a bachelor's degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- Brings one to three years' related work experience and a general knowledge of marketing and communications practices.
- Previous experience working with the arts, event planning, conferences, or a post-secondary institution is an asset.
- Is a highly-motivated self-starter who thrives in a creative, team environment.
- Successfully manages multiple tasks and projects while being flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates good listening skills and excellent interpersonal communication.
- Is client-focused, collaborative, and committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Is fluent in English and possesses strong research, writing, and editing skills.
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, permanent, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probationary period.
This position pays $2920.67 per month increasing to $3140.80 per month after probation, working 40 hours per week.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via The Banff Centre careers website as per below.
We are accepting applications for this position until September 12, 2012.
For new applicants, click ‘Apply for this Position’ at the bottom of this page and complete the application for employment. Please upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
For previous applicants, log into your profile at the bottom of this page using your email address and password, then click on the browse button to upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The Banff Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.
To check the status of your application at anytime, please go to previous applicants and log into your profile. We thank all applicants for their interest however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working at The Banff Centre.
The Banff Centre, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for The Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner.