At Norseman, we truly recognize that our people are responsible for our success. We value our employees and aim to create a work environment where they feel valued, respected and empowered on a daily basis. Norseman Group is comprised of three companies, Norseman Inc, Norseman Structures and Campers Village.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Content Writer who can keep our brand consistent across all published content. This position will be part of Norseman’s Corporate Marketing team and will be supporting all three divisions. Based out of the Norseman Inc. Edmonton office, the right candidate will be a creative thinker who is not only a great storyteller and editor but also has the experience to maintain our websites and social platforms.
As a member of Norseman’s Corporate Marketing team you will be responsible for the development of written materials, digital marketing and other engaging and informative content in support of each company’s marketing initiatives. This includes:
- Establish key relationships across each business segment to gain an understanding of the products/target audience to develop content and identify how it is best distributed to engage each segment’s audience.
- Source, write and edit original content for web, white papers, email campaigns, newsletters, customer success stories, presentations and more.
- Compose, coordinate and maintain website content in support of the online customer experience, utilizing SEO to maximize traffic to the website.
- Refine the brand voice and ensure consistency across all communication vehicles.
- Manage day-to-day social media presence and relationships.
- Identify external opportunities to increase exposure of in-house content.
- Participate as an integral member of the Marketing Team to contribute towards the success of the company.
Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary graduate, specializing in communications, journalism or marketing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in copywriting, editing or content-focused marketing role.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to clearly explain the “why”, not just the “what”.
- Ability to take a brief and create engaging and sharable content across many social platforms.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients.
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills to help balance conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong interviewing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Analytics, SEO tools, social media management, CMS platforms and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to speak and write in French is a bonus.
If you love to write and produce engaging content, are a self-starter with excellent communication and project management skills, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and samples of your work by January 20, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone or agency calls please.