Marketing & Communications Writer
Qtrade Financial Group is a national, award-winning integrated financial services company providing brokerage and investment management platforms, services and solutions to the retail public, as well as a national constituency including credit unions, banks, trust companies, insurance companies and financial planning firms. We currently administer over $8 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have won numerous awards across all aspects of our business including being consistently ranked as Canada's best online broker.
Our continued growth and development drives the need for an experienced and highly collaborative writer to support our marketing and communications team. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and Communications.
- Content creation - Developing content for distribution across multiple channels (e.g. website, newsletters, email marketing, etc.) Lead writer on key content pieces leveraging subject matter experts as needed.
- Copywriting – Envisioning and creating engaging copy for key sales and marketing materials. This includes online and traditional advertising, sales collateral, presentations, etc.
- Web copywriting - Creating engaging web copy with an eye to search engine optimization.
- Email marketing – Lead writer on key email marketing initiatives.
- Press releases – Copywriting for key releases for the company.
- Various client communications – this would include copy for website messages, welcome packages, advisor communications, etc.
- Internal communications – Support key internal communication initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of writing, communications and marketing experience with at least some experience working in a corporate communications team.
- Direct experience writing for investment management and/or financial service firms is ideal.
- Strong business instinct in understanding consumer reaction and business context.
- Experience developing on-line content, familiarity with writing for search engine optimization.
- Experience with social media tools within a corporate environment would be an asset.
- Agency experience would an asset..
- Ability to work collaboratively across many input points with a number of key stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Self starter with strong initiative and creativity.
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Loves words and relentlessly pursues good structure, grammar and spelling.
- Cultural fit in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
Location: We are located at Bentall One, downtown Vancouver (corner of Pender and Burrard), 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain Station.