United Way serves the needs of our local community, igniting the desire in everyone to improve this community we call home. We call this “local love.” When we show our local love, vulnerable people find support, isolated people find connection, and our communities will be great for everyone. Across Metro Vancouver and from the Sea to Sky corridor to the Fraser Valley, we help make our community better.
We are hiring 2 Marketing and Communications Strategists. One will be a specialist for our fundraising team. One will be dedicated to building the Social Purpose Institute helping local companies build their social responsibility and purose.
They work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the larger Marketing team to ensure alignment of their portfolios and strategy to the larger Brand and Marketing strategies underway.
What does a Marketing and Communications Strategist do?
- Develops, integrates and executes effective marketing and communications plans that support United Way of the Lower Mainland’s work. Activities involve determining key target audiences and channels of communication, and the development of communication tools
- Works in consultation with UWLM departments, marketing staff and Directors
- Provides project leadership for key marketing and communications and public relations initiatives. Supports development and determination of key messages for marketing and communications initiatives and communications tools, in consultation with other departments and the Director
- Supports brand development and brand planning. Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Directors in the development and implementation of an effective brand strategy
- Ensures communications tools are consistent with United Way brand, in content and appearance
- Writes compelling and persuasive copy
- Assesses all marketing needs through an effective measurement process, including assessing both messaging and tools. Makes recommendations for change based on expertise