The Marketing & Communications Department is responsible for the development and implementation of an integrated year-round marketing plan that supports the organization’s strategic objectives. This is accomplished through innovative product and channel development, strong marketing communications, highly effective media and public relations, strong campaign marketing support and broad reaching community special events that connect and engage the corporate, volunteer and labour sectors with the community.
Summary Of Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops, integrates and executes effective marketing and communications plans that support United Way of the Lower Mainland’s Community Impact agenda. Activities involve determining key target audiences and channels of communication, and the development of communication tools.
- Works in consultation with UWLM departments, marketing staff and Directors. Provides project leadership for key marketing and communications and public relations initiatives
- Supports development and determination of key messages for marketing and communications initiatives (for example, Workplace Campaign, Major Gifts, Labour Community, Community Impact and Investment) and communications tools, in consultation with other departments and the Director.
- Supports brand development and brand planning. Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Directors in the development and implementation of an effective brand strategy.
- Ensures communications tools are consistent with United Way brand, in content and appearance.
- Assesses all marketing needs through an effective measurement process, including assessing both messaging and tools. Makes recommendations for change based on expertise.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Two year diploma in marketing or communications, or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience as a marketing communications specialist. Extensive experience in developing marketing communications strategies, diverse writing experience developing and producing marketing collateral materials, strong presentation skills.
- Must have superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Online communications expertise.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly developed skill for attention to detail.
- Exemplary presentation skills.
- Must possess strong leadership ability. Able to motivate and lead a team of volunteers or staff and be able to work as a highly proficient and effective, contributing team member.