Reference Number: NT15046
MDA has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our Marketing department. The Marketing team is responsible for creating meaningful and consistent messages to promote the benefits of MDA’s offerings to its customers. The team plays a vital role in supporting all levels of business development
As a Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating with multiple stakeholders across the organization and supporting multiple projects. The successful candidate will work closely with the Creative Services Department to create and administer marketing collateral and communication strategy, from conception to completion.
- Research, write, and edit content for marketing materials consistent with corporate business goals and objectives, ensuring all communications are appropriately worded, both in grammar and in content (e.g., brochures, advertisements, press releases, web content, etc.).
- Help to ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity.
- Work with Business Development and other creative staff to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand messages.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
- Interact with external and internal clients in order to deliver MDA’s message (i.e., placing ads in various trade magazines and newspapers).
- Supporting the development of trade shows and all marketing collateral/technical papers and onsite support as required. This includes pre- and post-show outreaches.
- Coordinating marketing events/campaigns.
- Oversee the development, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles, including but not limited to: website and email campaigns.
- Managing proposal coordination.
- Managing e-card process.
- Support tender/media monitoring searches.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Write and manage trade news releases for industry, and develop pitches to promote publication.
- Generate/manage social media content.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience performing in a similar role.
- Communications/Marketing Diploma/Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven track record of working as a member of a team and ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be extremely flexible at the same time.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Work well with others, and can handle direction and constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Ability to connect the dots.
- Ability to multi-task and handle high-stress periods with aplomb and humour.
- Ability to see a project through to its timely completion, regardless of hurdles to surmount.
- Proposal work demands overtime during peak periods
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate security clearances
- Deadline for application is July 31th, 2015
Please submit, along with resume and cover letter, two of the following that you have created in PDF or Word format:
- press releases
- a marketing brochure (non- technical)
- website content, social media content (i.e.LinkedIn posts, business tweets)
- event deliverables – i.e. a conference invitation brochure