In 1985, inspired to make a difference in the lives of others - and fuelled by a deep seated belief that ‘anything is possible’ - Rick Hansen set out on an historic journey. His dream was twofold; to make communities accessible and inclusive, and to find a cure for spinal cord injury. Wheeling through 34 countries on four continents, Rick and his team battled the elements and the odds for two years, two months and two days. The Man In Motion World Tour raised awareness of the potential of people with disabilities and an astonishing $26 million. It taught people of all abilities the power of the human spirit and what is possible when they have the courage to try.
Our Foundation team continues to pursue the same dream that first inspired the Tour, and is committed to funding leadership and innovation that will accelerate progress toward a healthy planet with healthy people living in an inclusive society.
March 21st, 2010, marked the beginning of the 25th Anniversary of the Man In Motion World Tour - a global campaign that is inviting governments, corporations and individuals to celebrate progress that has been made, and to join Rick in his journey towards a more healthy and inclusive world.
Be part of our 25th Anniversary Team and join the journey. If enough of us choose to change even one small thing, together we have the power to change anything. Together, anything is possible.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand & Marketing, the Marketing & Communications (MarComm) Specialist will assist with the execution of marketing and communications strategies of a 25th Anniversary special project: Interdependence 2012 (i2012) - a major international conference and exposition in Vancouver.
- Works strategically and collaboratively on a daily basis with the Director, 25th Anniversary Special Projects with support from the Sr. Manager, Brand & Marketing and the Director, Marketing to refine and implement targeted marketing communications plans to successfully promote the conference, the RHF brand and the marketing objectives.
- Works with the Director, 25th Anniversary Special Projects and the MarComm team to develop integrated marketing collateral, including conference program, targeted client presentations, website content and other print and electronic media.
- Coordinates with the conference management company on the development of promotional material production to ensure timely completionand delivery.
- Liaises with the conference management company, RHF team and the Rick Hansen Institute to ensure coordinated and effective delivery of marketing communication initiatives.
- Project management of the i2012 marketing communications program including tracking conference deliverables
- Supports with writing promotional copy for i2012 internal and external audiences
- Manages several key stakeholder relations specific to the marketing and communications program
- Ensures consistency in brand, marketing, communications quality and messaging.
- Responds to relevant internal and external marketing communications inquiries.
- Supplier management of conference management company
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job
University degree in Marketing / Communications or related field, plus minimum five years of related experience. Experience in customer marketing, preferably with a broad focus that includes either not-for-profit, corporate and/or government customer groups. Experience planning and executing large, multi-faceted special events and/or conferences. Solid multi-project management experience and progression tracking. Experience writing promotional materials for an external audience Demonstrated experience in collateral development and production. Experience supporting effective social media campaigns. Familiarity with market research and analysis.
Exposure to international marketing. Strong multiple project management principles. Knowledge of various marketing mediums including on and offline. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint). Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills. Comfortable handling multiple tasks, works well under pressure and meeting critical deadlines. Ability to effectively plan, manage and deliver a variety of projects. Ability to work well in a team environment and be a motivating team participant. High degree of flexibility to accommodate RHF’s adaptive organizational style. Ability to ensure tact and adept at dealing with all levels of individuals. Understanding issues related to physical disabilities (mobility, hearing, vision), an asset. Verbal and written fluency in French an asset.