Do you have an eye for detail in areas of writing, editing and design? Can you generate meaningful, concise taglines for advertisements? Do you want to make a difference in Fraser Valley and Okanagan communities? Are you willing to act as an advocate for local farmers and producers and a sustainable food system? If so, you’re in luck! Choice Markets’ Marketing Department has an immediate full-time opening for a Marketing Communications Specialist.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Communications Specialist carries out a range of tasks:
- Coordinate, write, edit and fact check materials for the company’s corporate newsletter as well as other marketing materials including brochures, advertisements, informational handouts, etc.
- Oversee the company’s community relations programming, working directly with grass-roots and corporate community organizations to build relationships, negotiate and arrange for donations, devise appropriate public awareness campaigns to execute at retail locations.
- Collaborate with store managers and department heads to create appropriate messaging and design effective signage for retail locations.
- Assist with media relations by establishing new contacts, acting as the company spokesperson when necessary, arranging photo or film shoots, crafting and distributing media releases and radio ads, monitoring news mentions and more.
- Connect and collaborate with vendors, brokers and product specialists on various promotional campaigns, sponsorships, advertising and giveaways.
- Maintain a social media presence for Choices Markets by generating social media campaigns and strategies, coordinating giveaways and sharing community stories.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer services skills when working with Choices Markets’ customers and partners.
- Assist with event coordination and be present at events when applicable.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary education in communications or marketing is a must with experience in writing and editing in a business setting.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet tight overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of how to tailor messaging to suit varying audiences.
- Extensive experience editing for clarity and providing respectful editing suggestions for writers of all skill levels.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment.
- A naturally personable and adaptable personality, able to work productively on your own without direction or collaboratively with a team when necessary.
- A desire to foster and maintain healthy internal and external relationships with a range of people and personalities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Availability Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and on occasional weekends with the ability to travel.