Marketing & Communications Manager full-time
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies that align with ATB Corporate Financial Services’ (CFS) strategic direction and priorities. The primary focus is to develop marketing and communication strategies that clearly understand the client (both internal and external) and prospect markets, leveraging this knowledge to collaboratively drive results as defined through delivery against the line of business strategies. The Manager will help to identify issues and priorities and play a leadership role in the implementation of Marcom strategies. This involves maintaining a keen focus on CFS’ direction, leading the internal and external content management strategy for the division, and collaborating on various sponsorships, events, research or advertising and promotion programs for the line of business.
- Enable and support the effective publishing of marketing and communication materials for new and existing CFS products to ensure market differentiation from competitors.
- Align CFS industry expertise with external speaking engagements
- Manage social media website
- Publish CFS Industry Newsletters to send externally
- Develop, test, implement and continually improve CFS’ content management strategy in order to create though leadership for the division and its industry-specialized approach
- Maintain awareness of industry events, competitor’s products, economic conditions and trends
- Work with leaders and members of the CFS team to develop and implement overall communication plans for this line of business.
- Determine target audiences, target strategies to meet the needs of different audiences
- Develop key messages for key CFS stakeholders
- Identify and implement leading edge communications tools
- Align communication across all associate groups and builds associate understanding of CFS’s strategic direction utilizing existing and new communications vehicles (SharePoint; internal newsletters, etc.)
- Represent the interests of CFS (and Marketing & Communications) in all key Associate programs, communications programs and events.
- Collaborate with CFS’ HR team to build a strong recruitment presence for the line in key external markets including "on campus" and marketplace positioning
- Represent CFS in cross-functional and cross-line project teams, being a champion for the voice of CFS teammates and clients/markets
- In conjunction with CFS Marketing partners, co-develop and implement marketing plans with Product Management team for CFS’ new and emerging sub-lines of business including Financial Markets and Cash Management
- Act as a part of the Product Development team to conduct research and identify customer trends. Analyzing existing and proposed customer and market segments.
- Develop "product marketing plans" that fit underneath the overall CFS Marketing plan and that that includes all aspects of the marketing spectrum including research, sponsorships/events, promotions/merchandising and marketing communications
- Develop customer targeting, marketing and advertising to support sales
- Assess and manage both the relationships and/or performance of external stakeholders and third party providers
- Oversee the implementation and quality of all go-to-market activities for new products which includes including numerous stakeholders from across ATB
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience as a marketer/communicator with demonstrated leadership skills in working with senior management and a proven track record of outstanding performance
- A university degree in communications or marketing, or a specialized diploma/certificate in marketing/communications with extensive experience
- Project/program management experience
- Experience communicating in communication media across numerous platforms including written, verbal and multi-media (video, web, social)
- Proven ability to work with a team, build strong relationships, and collaborate for results
- Strong ability to translate information from the line to strategic support units in order to easily shift concepts and ideas into action
- Excellent connecter of people and ideas – able to build relationships naturally and align interests of broad stakeholders;
- Needs to be "hungry" – combining the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel, with a natural ability to inspire success in others
- A natural bent to collaborate, to reach out easily and readily to partner with others both inside and outside of the organization
- Results oriented – able to span both strategy and tactics with equal enthusiasm