TurnLeaf Consulting Inc. is an environmental consulting company specialized in creating corporate sustainability programs that actively engage employees. We are seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator for a full time position within our downtown Vancouver office.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator will work closely with the firm's Consultants to support their client contracts and aid in the execution of strategic, creative engagement solutions. We are a small office that requires a flexible team player, who is able to self motivate and work independently.
- develop marketing materials
- coordinate events and initiatives
- prepare quarterly reports for clients
- writing: newsletters, memos, briefings (candidates will be requested to bring writing samples to interview)
- administrative tasks: coordinating schedules, updating social media sites, preparing agendas, developing project budgets, etc.
Candidates must possess a university degree in communications, marketing, environmental sciences or a BCIT Marketing diploma, supplemented with three to five years direct business experience in marketing, communications, client relations and/or project management. Experience in an environmental related business and/or facilities operations would be considered an asset.
Core Competencies we are seeking:
- Environmental acumen. Must have a passion for environmental sustainability and a strong understanding of how it appropriately fits within corporate social and financial responsibility.
- Business knowledge with marketing/sales orientation. Must have a clear understanding of business issues and the ability to determine where value can be added - recommending appropriate options and solutions that support business objectives.
- Time management/Multi-tasking. Must be able to simultaneously manage priorities to ensure on-time delivery of multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Writing and editing skills. Must have exceptional writing skill with the ability to write in a variety of styles, for a variety of formats, while ensuring the writing is engaging, grammatically correct and appropriate.
- MS Office skills. Competent in Word and Outlook; must also be able to develop functional Excel spreadsheets (formulas, links, sorting, etc.); plus develop, design and create effective PowerPoint presentations; and create audience appropriate, creative marketing pieces in PowerPoint, Publisher or Adobe.
- Project planning and management. Must possess the ability to successfully develop and implement a plan, as well as anticipate potential problems and suggest contingencies.
- Interpersonal skills. Must have maturity, self-confidence and the ability to build effective relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
- Innovation and creativity. Must be able to initiate, develop and deliver original and imaginative approaches to communication and engagement barriers.