Marketing Communications Coordinator
(1 Year Contract / Temporary Position)
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary Head Office location is seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Coordinator to support our diverse operations for maternity leave coverage. This is a one (1) year contract/term position.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator will develop and execute marketing initiatives that support and promote EFC’s brand identity and corporate goals. Targeting our diverse customer base, partners and internal team, the Marketing Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategies to communicate the value and benefits of EFC products and services while supporting the goal of increasing EFC’s presence in the market place to increase brand recognition and loyalty.
- Coordinate the internal and external communications components of programs and services, including generating web content, email marketing, brochures, pamphlets, information displays, announcements, presentations, and other written material.
- Ensure the EFC website is updated on a regular basis to reflect current information.
- Support and expand the corporate social media strategy, including email marketing and monitoring/updating other social media outlets.
- Monitor communication material corporate wide to ensure the application of a consistent corporate branding strategy.
- Represent EFC at industry and community events as required and network with the communications community to support corporate communications objectives.
- Participate in the coordination of company events, including corporate events, team activities, and industry tradeshows.
- Organization of communications resources and general administrative and marketing support duties as necessary.
- Market research and analysis.
- Graphic design of company materials including but not limited to; brochures, stationary, presentations, logos, advertisements, promotional items, tradeshow materials, signage, etc.
- Coordinate the various communications components of regular product releases, including generating web content, email marketing, and other announcements/presentations.
- Coordinate internal and external communications initiatives, including all product collateral.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance and participation in the Company’s Step Up to Customer Service Program.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite CC.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related web development and maintenance experience, including experience with HTML & content management systems.
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating successful visual/graphic design solutions in print and digital.
- Experience developing corporate messaging and communications materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to develop and maintain internal and external working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive, professional attitude.
- Strong organization and time management skills; self-starter capable of handling and taking ownership of unexpected projects and managing projects from start through to completion.
- Exceptional problem resolution skills; ability to utilize personal resourcefulness to create solutions.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite plus working knowledge of the Adobe design suite.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
- Capable of moving heavy objects on occasion.
- Available to work outside of regular hours on occasion.
- Available to travel.