Eye Recommend, formerly Doctors Eyecare Network is a doctor-owned organization that provides management and business services to independent owners of private practice optometry clinics across Canada. These services include product purchasing, marketing, events, training and human resource management.
Eye Recommend - Canada's Vision Care Professionals are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, organized individual with excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to assist in executing strategic marketing initiatives for Eye Recommend. This position requires the person to be a team player, able to make decisions, manage projects and develop creative ways to market to our target stakeholders, our Board, members and their patients. The work requires an ability to prioritize, meticulous attention to detail, and strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Ability to write for a variety of channels including social media, promotional materials, newsletters, website and marketing information;
- Working closely with our designers in concept development and providing input across a variety of marketing initiatives;
- Responsible for internal and external communications to optical practices and key contacts.
- Assist in developing and implementing the Eye Recommend marketing and communications plan with the goal of increasing awareness and usage of our services and programs by our key stakeholders;
- Work with the Director to manage and execute projects and promotions to our members and the public;
- Ability to take a variety of tasks and show a willingness to lend support when and where needed.
- Communicates effectively with team members and members to deliver solutions to problems and ensures project success
- Ensures effective use of time management skills to prioritize workflow to meet project deadlines.
- Diplomatically informs, assists and makes recommendations about marketing and communication issues, and possible solutions.
- Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Creative and open to exploring new ways of communicating and marketing our services.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.